Jammy31's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Question Annual Passes - UK

Dear all,

I apologise, as I am sure that you have had this question before hundreds of times!

I am due to go to Florida in October, and then again next May. Due to this, I feel it would be beneficial to get Annual Passes for the below:

Walt Disney World Resort

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Typhoon Lagoon
Blizzard Beach

Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Studios
Islands of Adventure
Volcano Bay

Other Parks
Sea World
Busch Gardens Tampa

What are the best APs to get for those respective parks/resorts?

As someone living in the UK, what's the best way for me to obtain these?

Does the date of the AP start from when I buy or when I use it for the first time?

Sorry again for all the questions, but this is a confusing subject for me to get my head round, so I thought it best to ask the professionals!

Many thanks in advance

Jammy31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For WDW and Universal we bought the 14-day tickets from the UK before we went and then upgraded them at Guest Relations the 1st day we used the tickets in the park. The APs are then valid for 1 year from then.

WDW offer either a 4-park (no water parks) platinum or a 6-park platinum plus pass with no blackout dates. DVC members and Florida residents are able to purchase cheaper passes with black out dates. Universal offer several different levels of pass, from seasonal with black out dates and no discounts to a premium pass with no black out dates, free parking, discounts etc. We just got the seasonal pass at it worked for our dates. All the info about the passes is on the Universal Orlando website.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Jammy31 View Post
Dear all,

What are the best APs to get for those respective parks/resorts?

Re. Disney, there are only 2 APs available - one that includes waterparks and one which doesn't. I don't know about the others

As someone living in the UK, what's the best way for me to obtain these?

You buy online, direct from the Disney website. You get a confirmation email which you then present at the gate to get your physical AP. Be warned that you can only hold 7 days of FastPasses in any 30 days though, which is a real pain. You also get a Passholder magic band which you can pick up from Liberty Square in MK.

Does the date of the AP start from when I buy or when I use it for the first time?

When you use it for the first time.

Hope that helps!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It actually doesn't matter when you buy them, it's the first time that they are used through the gate. i'm not sure that buying Ultimates & upgrading makes any difference as it's all down to the worth of your pass on the day. As far as the others are concerned, look at each website & check out block out dates, if none of these affect you then you can have one in your party with an AP that includes "Free parking" & higher discounts & the remainder can have the next one down- you all don't have to have the same one IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
For WDW and Universal we bought the 14-day tickets from the UK before we went and then upgraded them at Guest Relations the 1st day we used the tickets in the park. The APs are then valid for 1 year from then.

WDW offer either a 4-park (no water parks) platinum or a 6-park platinum plus pass with no blackout dates. DVC members and Florida residents are able to purchase cheaper passes with black out dates. Universal offer several different levels of pass, from seasonal with black out dates and no discounts to a premium pass with no black out dates, free parking, discounts etc. We just got the seasonal pass at it worked for our dates. All the info about the passes is on the Universal Orlando website.
Do you have to upgrade them the first day you use them? I am thinking of doing the same, although the price increase is making me wonder if it is worth it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Claudette no just have to be upgraded before they run out, the first day of use on the upgrade will be the first day on your original pass. the only caveat is that if you have used it for a waterpark you then can't upgrade to a pass that doesn't include them - Plat + or Uni 3 park
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You may wish to reconsider given the ap price rises today!
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jammy31
Apprentice Imagineer

Jammy31's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Thank you all for your help and responses!

I know that prices have gone up recently, but having calculated what I will be spending and roughly the amount I will be saving, I'm still going to go for them.

Thank you

Jammy31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List