Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Jun 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
avcar
Excited about Disney

easyjet speedy boarding, seats, cabin

Hey all

family of 4 travelling in July to canaries

DS has to carry bag with him for medication just in case

ideally we would like to sit together.

was looking at the Handsfree option however you have no access to the bag as it goes into the hold.

do they still offer speedy boarding is that worth it so we can get the overhead lockers?

easyJet Plus card holder looks like a membership I take it will have to be purchased individually?

what have you guys done to make your journey smooth as possible?

thanks
avcar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
billabong
A Guest at All-Stars

We always book Easyjet on the flight release date (September for next summer ) We book seats near the front row 5 usually it costs more but includes speedy boarding, We get on the plane first so get a choice of overhead lockers , No hassle getting onto aircraft before the mad rush. The gate was changed at Palma one year so everyone dashed to the new gate , We just strolled along into the speedy boarding Que.
billabong is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
avcar
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
We always book Easyjet on the flight release date (September for next summer ) We book seats near the front row 5 usually it costs more but includes speedy boarding, We get on the plane first so get a choice of overhead lockers , No hassle getting onto aircraft before the mad rush. The gate was changed at Palma one year so everyone dashed to the new gate , We just strolled along into the speedy boarding Que.
thanks
so I could only book speedy upon booking not after?
avcar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by avcar View Post
thanks
so I could only book speedy upon booking not after?
You can book it at any time. I think if you do hands free you can still take a small bag on board. Hands free is free for 3 customers on outbound flights.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Easyjet will allow you an extra bag for medical stuff with covering letter from a medical practitioner.

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Hi, you can book seats (for a charge) at any time and if you choose an "up front" or extra leg room option then speedy boarding and a 2nd bag is included...I find it the best option by a mile if you want the extras. Just log into manage my booking and choose seats

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve never paid for seats with easyJet and we’ve always been sat together, we always get our bags on with us aswell as we make sure we’re near the front of the que for boarding as if the flight is busy they will allow so many bags on and then start to tag then and put them in the hold, if they do take your bag you can take out items you want with you. I usually have a small handbag that I put in my case for boarding but if my bags goes into hold I take this out and keep with me
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by avcar View Post
Hey all

family of 4 travelling in July to canaries

DS has to carry bag with him for medication just in case

ideally we would like to sit together.

was looking at the Handsfree option however you have no access to the bag as it goes into the hold.

do they still offer speedy boarding is that worth it so we can get the overhead lockers?

easyJet Plus card holder looks like a membership I take it will have to be purchased individually?

what have you guys done to make your journey smooth as possible?

thanks
Another point, with a EasyJet you can check in online at 30 days out. We check in as soon as it’s open and have always been sat together.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

All the UK airports do a hidden disability lanyard. Get them from the info points usually, or special assistance desk.

If you have one of these, Easyjet let you join the speedy boarding queue.

I have done this numerous times. I also carry a bag full of medical equipment which I cannot risk putting in the hold in case it doesn't arrive at my destination. I need the bag close to me in the cabin, not me sitting one end and the bag at the other end!

I really like the scheme, think it is a great idea.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

We used hands free when we went to Tenerife in February. You can collect a free tote bag from their customer service desk and put things in that you need on board. We were also given a little card saying priority boarding so we were one of the first to board. Also the cases were off the plane fairly quickly as well. We will be using this again when we return to Tenerife both in September and next February xx
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List