Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 12 Jun 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
koneko
Excited about Disney

Mobile Here now - children's prescription - walgreens or walk in?

Hi all, looking for advice on getting a prescription for my almost 3 year old. He is prone to throat infections and unfortunately seems to have one halfway through our holiday. He was up most of last night with his usual terrible gagging cough. Usually we see his paediatrician in the UK and he often needs an antibiotic prescription to clear the infection. He hasn't had an attack of this for about 8 months but typically it would happen now! Any ideas if we can go to walgreens or Walmart pharmacy or if we'd need to find a walk in center? I've never needed anything medical when we've been before.
First WDW Trip with the kids - June 2019
MAY/JUNE 2022 BOOKED - FINGERS CROSSED!
koneko is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hey I hope your wee son gets better soon. If I remember right Walgreens wouldn't look at my daughter I had to take her to the hospital. It was 5 years ago so I cant remember exactly but I do remember something about her being to young. If you are close you could always just call in. No harm asking. Hope you get sorted soon.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would go to Walmart and see the chemist there , they might be able to offer you something off the shelf , if not they will give you advice
Rob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
thelegalbeagle
Proud to wear my Ears

Had this problem a few years back. Walgreen's required her to see a nurse there (at a cost of over $100), and then we paid for the prescription (about $30)
thelegalbeagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

You need a Walgreen or CVS with a healthcare clinic attached. You can find the nearest and make an appointment online. I am not sure about any lower age limit. If there is one, look for an urgent care clinic as they are run by doctors instead of nurse practitioner/physician assistants. Stay away from ERs unless sent by a clinic as they will be expensive overkill for a throat infection.
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We went to Walgreen with my daughter when she had an ear infection, it was on international drive along the end where McDonald's and the golden corral is. It was $100 to see them and I think it was $86 for her antibiotics. We paid for it ourselves rather than through the insurance as it was easier and also less than the excess. They were great with her though and she soon began to feel better.
Hope your little boy gets better quickly! X
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List