Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Jun 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Experiences with StubHub US

Hi all

Heading to Boston in Sept and we are there when the Red Sox play the Yankees at Fenway so this is a must do for us.

We've looked to buy tickets via the Red Sox website but they only have some tickets left, which are not in an area we want to sit, so we're looking at purchasing via StubHub.

Anyone had any experiences purchasing with StubHub US? They are a partner of the MLB, so hoping we'd have a positive experience, but thought I'd tap Dibbers knowledge up first!

Thanks!
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We bought our WWE Royal Rumble tickets on Stubhub US. No issues at all, tickets were available to download and print off immediately
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

We’ve used it a few times. No problems at all
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Used them for NBA games 2 years ago. First game, no problem, second game, tickets not available until after we left home and no access to my normal email (i know - should have used different one) so did not get tickets in time. Largely my fault but something to be aware of - possible late availability of actual tickets, at least in our experience.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Willip
Trying for More Ears

I've used it successfully a couple of times. The prices can tumble close to the start of the game, so if there's plenty available, it's worth holding your nerve. Previously I've ended up with hospitality tickets at an NFL game, including food and soft drinks, for $50 each. Do some research on how much a ticket in your preferred area should cost, and on Stubhub, make sure you sort the tickets by "Best Value" as in the US, it doesn't tell you the face value.
Willip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

used stubhub multiple times for baseball/basketball games and never had an issue. basically, season ticket holders can re-sell tickets for games they cant go to. if you dont mind buying until a couple of days before the event, you can pick up some absolute bargains. we got some seats just behind the batters mound for around $20 each, and really good seats at the amway for a magic game for less than $30 each. both were bought last minute (the magic tix were the day before, the TBR ones about a week prior)

hth
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you everyone!
Great tips - we’ll definitely hold our nerve - we’re there for the full 3 evenings that they play the yankees so can be flexible on dates, so no worries if we don’t get a particular day.
Really appreciate your responses!
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Have they actually released single game tickets yet? Red Sox vs Yankees is a huge derby game and tickets are in high demand. We went to Fenway for Red Sox v Yankees last year on 5 August - tickets didn’t go on sale until 21 May. We paid $50 each for Grandstand 32. There were tickets on Stubhub before then but they were a lot more expensive. It’s a great ballpark though!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

It is a few years ago, but we used stubhub to buy tickets to see the NY Yankees play the Milwaukee Brewers. Printed ticket at home and had no problems at all.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Yankees Red Sox will be a popular game so not sure I’d be able to hold my nerve, but I would probably keep checking and when I saw a price I was happy with I’d buy.

We’ve used stubhub with no issues. I think there’s an option to get tickets instantly so you don’t need to worry about when they’ll arrive.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List