Old 11 Jun 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
To Disney World and Beyond (with a toddler) - Day 6 - Epcot

Day 6 - 11/04/2019 - Epcot

So today was the first time we will be going to Epcot. This has recently become one of our favourite parks... I think as we have gotten older we have learnt to love Epcot and the fact that last time we came (April 2015) and this time are both during Flower and Garden Festival which we really enjoy!

Anyway, a nice early start again with the alarm going off at 0630hrs. All up and we get ready giving Bobby some cereal in the room and we pick up a couple of pastries on the way out from the food court.

We are at the bus stop for just after 0730hrs... with Epcot at early morning hours this morning opening at 0800hrs.

Not long and the bus is with us... we are at Epcot for just after 0800hrs and heading through security.

We were looking to spend all day in Epcot from start to finish with our fixed plans being:

Spaceship Earth 0900-1000hrs
Frozen Ever After 1000-1100hrs
Living with the Land 1100-1200hrs

Garden Grill - 1300hrs

There are not many options for FP at Epcot with the tier system. Would have included character spot (we have later in holiday) or Illuminations but all tier 1. So end up picking the lesser rides which I know you don't really need a FP for, but we know DS would love them.

We get into Epcot around 0820hrs after a long ish queue at bag check.

First stop we head for The Land to see the queue time for Soarin. I have not been on the 'new' Soarin in WDW but had seen the new show in California, albeit with a different ending of course!

Queue time said 20 mins, so we decide to do it using RS. Actually only took about 20 mins to get through the whole ride, so nice and easy! I go first and when I come back, DW has bought Bobby a Chip and Dale soft toys... ready for our lunch this afternoon.

Holly goes 2nd and is straight through the FP Q and out within 15 mins.

Good ride, although I was on the bottom so have dangling feet in your way!

Next we go for Living with the Land, as no queue. Think we had the boat to ourselves! We did have a FP for this later on, but just changed it for Seas with Nemo and Friends instead!

Another chilled ride, although not sure Bobby was too bothered by it. Except for seeing the fish!

By now it was around 0930hrs, and we head over for our first FP of the day, Spaceship Earth. It was only a 10 min wait, but we decide to use our FP anyway. Bobby enjoyed this ride, especially at the end with the woooorrrllllddd (think Scouse accent already) and the stars.

From here we get Bobby in the stroller, give him some raisins and we head towards the World Showcase, picking up a Flower and Garden book to see what the offerings where around the world... we will be eating and drinking round here later on today after our big lunch!

So it was now just before 1000hrs and we head clockwise round the world to Norway! Taking in a few of the topiaries as we go by! Love this festival!

Ticking these off as we see them!

Next onto Frozen... I have never been on but Holly has back in 2016. Again, really enjoyed it as did Bobby. Although not sure he was too keen on the bit going backwards!

On a plus point he did see his grandad on the way out!

He was now calling Olaf 'Off'. More Off he would say. Not waiting in line for 60 mins sorry Bobs!

But we could tell he was getting tired so we get him back into the stroller with the fan on, and it didn't take him long before his hands were up behind his head and he was falling asleep! So we lower the stroller and he is off to sleep!

Knowing how long he naps for out here, we decide to push back the Seas with Nemo and Friends FP to 1200-1300hrs. Would give him around 1 to 1.5 hours for a nice sleep.

With no plans we, just decide to walk down to Mousegear (Hollys favourite shop), and just outside to get a pretzel also! We had to try one

Oh and also get a picture with Bobbys favourite character... Woody!

We sat down near Misson Space and facetimed home to see how everything was back home!

It was just after 1200hrs and Bobby was still asleep, so we make our way over towards Nemo and Bobby is awake by 1220hrs... well sort of. Always takes him a little time to come round!

3rd and final FP Is Nemo and Friends!

Again, he loved it. He is also at that stage of repeating everything we say, so when naming the characters he tries his best to say it... Nemo is almost there and Door (Dory).

Once off we have a stroll through the pavilion checking out the Dolphins and Manatees.

Now it is lunch time with Chip and Dale! Garden Grill. Another family favourite and we tend to come here every year!

Great meal and great character interaction, although the characters ended up coming round about 2-3 times each! Great for Bobby.

Plus we had amazing service here (as most places in Disney TBH).

Food was ok and they also brought out some Mac n cheese and chips for Bobby!

We stop the manager on the way out and mention the excellent service we had!

We had finished our meal and were back out again after about 1hr15mins in there! Definitely go back again... not necessarily for the food but more the experience!

We go get the stroller and we head up to Figment! No queue and straight on it. A few loud noises which I think scared Bobby a little, but no crying... always a good sign!

He did however, love the little musical play area as you come out so stayed in here for a good 20-30 mins just letting him have a run round!

Next it was Mummy and Daddy time! Having a good walk round the world taking in the sights, sounds and maybe a drink or 2! It was very hot today so we get DS back into the stroller and the fan on him!

We just spend the next 2-2.5hrs walking anti-clockwise, exploring the pavilions and having a drink every now and again, just taking in the atmosphere! As we set off, I also check to see if there are any FP's for the rest of the day hoping to maybe get Frozen Ever After again. But I see Illuminations available so I reserve that for later on!

Bobs had actually fallen asleep by the time we got to France . We noticed that the heat along with all of the excitement and over stimulation meant that generally he was having these 2 naps a day! Plus maybe the long days... but he was more than happy to get a nap in and never got upset once!

Here are some of the highlights of our trip around the world!

One of the great things about taking it easy round the world is you get to see things you generally wouldn't if rushing from place to place... generally the same in most places really! But we got to take in the drum show in Japan (not sure of the name) and then one of our favourite things (now Bobby was awake)... The Coco show in Mexico! Highly recommended!

This show was at 1700hrs... so with Bobby awake we sat and watched it. We loved every minute of it!

Next stop was Mexico Pavilion and Three Caballeros. Again with another of Bobbys favourite characters... duck!

Next we head back towards the American Adventure, as during this festival they have the Garden Rocks concerts! Back in 2015 we saw The Village People, and today we were going to watch John Michael Montgomery! We had fallen in love with country music ever since we went to Nashville in 2014, and noticed he was playing! Also original singer of one of our favourite songs... I Swear!

We pick up some food just before it! Which we share between the 3 of us! Still full from lunch!

As we were queuing for the concert, a gentleman came up to me and said... I see you have a NASA top on so just wanted to inform you that if you look in this direction (over Germany Pavilion) in about 10 mins you will see the space shuttle launch! It had been delayed a few days as was originally to go on Sunday the 7th I believe!

Anyway, we are soon let into the amphitheatre, and sure enough, just after we sit down we are all looking right and see the FalconX (I think it was) heading off into space!

So the concert... amazing. Great time spent and Bobby loved dancing to the songs, whilst playing with his little toys which we had brought out! But was nice to get in the shade, listen to some great songs, and just sit down for 45 mins ish!

Lonestar are on about 4 days after we come back! Amazed was our wedding song! Would have loved to have seen them!

Concert started at 1845hrs and we were out around 1915hrs.

Pick up some more food from the American Adventure!

And a picture on our way back round to the FP area!

As we get back to the front of World Showcase by around 2015hrs, we notice a big line to get into the FP area. Probably not as exclusive as we thought it may be! So we join it and manage to get great viewing with no-one in front! Although pretty sure you can get this kind of view if not better turning up last minute at spots around the lagoon!

But hey, it wasn't too crowded so well worth a 4th FP!

We pick up Bobby a nice Rice Krispie treat to finish the day!

DW loves Illuminations and I know she shed a tear during this viewing... we thought this would be the last time we see it with it changing later this year!

Bobby loved it, and was mesmerised with everything going on and all of the bang bangs!

Once finished, we had had enough! A very long but another great day! Bobby had been fantastic again!

We make our way back to the front, and just missed a bus. But about 10 mins later another one came along and we were one of the first on! We were back to the resort by about 1030hrs, and it was straight to bed for all of us!

End of Day 6!

Index

Edited at 10:50 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m really enjoying reading your report, I’ve binge read these over the last two days! We are taking our (will then be just 2) son in October. Bobby has been absolutely amazing, I hope we have the same happy boy on our trip! Biggest tips for travelling with a toddler?!?!
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Buffton View Post
I’m really enjoying reading your report, I’ve binge read these over the last two days! We are taking our (will then be just 2) son in October. Bobby has been absolutely amazing, I hope we have the same happy boy on our trip! Biggest tips for travelling with a toddler?!?!
Thank you... slowly but surely getting through it and will hopefully have day 7 up by end of the week!

I am looking back through the photos now and not always smiling on them, but more on the videos we have you can see how much fun he is having.

I think biggest tips are keep them occupied / entertained... toys and food are always good.

Also taking it at their pace.

He did spend some time in his stroller but at every opportunity... meal times, rides, general chill times and also in various places in the parks he was out running around. It is just generally when we are walking through busy areas or to / from places we either carrier him (on my shoulders) or was in the stroller.

Thankfully he loves his stroller and sleeps really well in it too!

We also found staying out in the parks was easy enough especially when he had his naps during the day!

Edited at 08:51 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving reading your trip report. Bobby seems to be having an amazing experience. Although he won’t remember this trip, you both will and what fantastic memories you will have made. Its so good to hear excellent reviews of some of the restaurants that we will be visiting with our 2 year old granddaughter. Chef mickeys, Tony’s own Square parade package and garden grill. We also have Disney junior Hollywood and vine & 1900 park fare booked. Looking forward to day seven.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Ah is there anything more beautiful than Epcot during Flower and Garden festival?! So pretty!

Pleased to hear you had such a good meal at Garden Grill, we have booked breakfast here during our upcoming trip... this has made me even more excited for it!

Loving Bobby's personalised t-shirt too, super cute!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a fab day, what a trooper Bobby is lasting all day in the park.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Fab day...!
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Glad you had a good day at Epcot. Haven't seen Illuminations since 2015 and going to make a real effort to catch it just before it finishes this September.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Sounds like a brilliant Epcot day. Two naps is also the dream. Maybe next year that can be the aim for my small one. I reckon that's realistic with a nearly three year old right?

Looking forward to the next day!

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List