Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jun 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Heathrow to Gatwick transfer advice...

We are flying MAN-LHR Then LGW-MCO on 16 Aug. Our flight to Heathrow lands at 08:15 (all being well). Our flight leaves Gatwick at 11:15 (yes I know it's a very tight connection but we will be checked in already & [just] have to do bag drop & security). We are going to book a private transfer from Heathrow to Gatwick (BA Transfers most probably) but don't know what time we should be booking it for?

Can anyone that's done this before or something similar give me any advice please?
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

You should have to option to put in flight details and that when you book for an airport landing that way they know and give you +30 minutes or something to collect bags after actual landing time.

We did it on the return leg and found it very easy to manage. Might be worth getting premium security for Gatwick as just an added piece of mind.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

COntact BA Transfers and they assist with it all. We have booked them for ours on the 9th August. Yes its a tight schedule but if missed, then so be it. British Airways have confirmed they would sort us out on the next available flight.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Thank you both for your replies. I'll get onto BA Transfers and get it booked. I'll look into the premium security too - see if there are any offers about,
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve used ba transfers quite a few times and are using them again for our upcoming trip. We’ve never had any problems at all
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Also doing this on 20 Aug I’ve already booked fast pass security x
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I asked this very same question the other day and a kind person cut and posted the advice they received from Twelve Transfers. They said to allow about an hour to collect bags and clear passport control at Heathrow. We are doing the same route but catching the 13.25 flight from LGW. We have booked National Express for transfer is it worked out cheaper and also seemed to suggest faster than a taxi transfer?
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Originally Posted by derenstar View Post
I asked this very same question the other day and a kind person cut and posted the advice they received from Twelve Transfers. They said to allow about an hour to collect bags and clear passport control at Heathrow. We are doing the same route but catching the 13.25 flight from LGW. We have booked National Express for transfer is it worked out cheaper and also seemed to suggest faster than a taxi transfer?
I've just hopped on and had a look at your thread (I must've missed it earlier). I've had a chat with BA Transfers and they've told me to book the transfer for the time the plane lands and then I request an additional 45 mins afterwards for picking up the cases (I add notes to the booking to say it's a very tight connection). All seems to make sense.
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
hmk29763
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’m in a taxi at the minute doing this run from LHR to Gatwick. Belfast flight arrived 8:30 taxi was booked with Blackberry Cars driver waiting for us and as traffic on M25 doesn’t seem to bad we are making good progress. We are on the 13:25 BA flight so not as pressured as the trying to make the earlier one but I’ll let you know how I get on.
hmk29763 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
hmk29763
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Taxi took about 40 mins. We were through security before 10 so the earlier flight is doable but again traffic on M25 was good this morning. Blackberry are highly recommended
hmk29763 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List