Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 3 Jun 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Ru Paul’s drag race

I have recently got into this. For some reason I started at season 10 and went on to watch season 11.
I wanted to start from the beginning but the quality is so bad on season one lol so I have started at season 4 and loving it!
I do wish there was less bad language, there is just no need! But the transformation they do is amazing!
My all time favourite is miss Vanjie
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love it! The seasons get weaker after season 6. I think 4,5,6 are the best by far.
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I love it, however can't hear the phrase 'good luck' without hearing the follow up phrase Ru uses before lip sync
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shona View Post
I love it, however can't hear the phrase 'good luck' without hearing the follow up phrase Ru uses before lip sync
Lol I know! When my daughter has been leaving the house to do her GCSE’s I have said ‘good luck’ and in my mind I think ‘and don’t beep it up!’
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

I love drag race. Saw Christmas queens in Birmingham last year and bob the drag queen spoke to us. I always use "purse first" to get through the scrum to get onto a train and get a seat!
Old 18 Jun 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I love love love Drag Race.
I started at season 6.
Reason 1 is good, but you're right the quality is awful.
I do feel like the last few seasons have had some good challenges but have failed in comparison to others.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I love it too! I’m not a fan of season one, it feels like a different show. I think season 6 is the best, I don’t think they’ve been as good after that although I did really enjoy the latest season.

All Stars seasons are the best!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I love it too! I’m not a fan of season one, it feels like a different show. I think season 6 is the best, I don’t think they’ve been as good after that although I did really enjoy the latest season.

All Stars seasons are the best!
I agree. Sometimes they seasons have great challenges but there hasnt been a season in a long time where all of them were great.

All stars is my fav. It's more fun cos you know the queens.
I'm still waiting for the All stars where they put all the winners against eachother.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

I have almost finished all the seasons now so then I can start on the all stars (hoping they are on Netflix)
I ended up watching the first season, it does feel like a different show.
I love Bianca Del Rio, in & out of drag ❤️
The only problem is that I have the cover girl song stuck in my head all the time!
Cover girl, put the base in your walk.
Head to toe, let your whole body talk.
And that’s it! That’s all I know so those two sentences are running around my tiny mind all day 😂😂😂😂
Old 27 Jun 19, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I always get the songs in my head too- we tried to listen to RuPaul’s Christmas album last year but it was absolute rubbish 😅
I agree that the earlier seasons (4-6) are the best. Lately the creative mini challenges and focus on the workroom process have been replaced with endless “drama” that usually revolves around social media. I couldn’t care less who said what to whom, the queens are all so talented, can’t we focus on the costumes, choreography, makeup, writing etc instead? I wish they’d save the drama for Untucked so I can choose whether or not to watch.
I also get really annoyed when the judges (mostly Michelle!) judge based on their personal preferences rather than the queens’ individual style, though this has improved a bit since season 9 was won by (no spoilers!)
My partner and I still watch every season as it airs but my enthusiasm is waning. Maybe next season will have some more amazing characters like Bianca, Trixie, Katya, and Jinkx!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List