Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
I've stayed at HRH and RPR numerous times (we were there in May) and we've always had access from 7.30am on the day of check in. The card you are given for the express passes also gives you access to the Club Lounge.

I thought we could use the club lounge as soon as we check in. I was planning on arriving early and eating breakfast there so would be good to know in advance if that's not possible.

DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DDD View Post
I thought we could use the club lounge as soon as we check in. I was planning on arriving early and eating breakfast there so would be good to know in advance if that's not possible.

DDD
We're hoping to use it early too. The general consensus seems to be that officially it opens at 3pm but most seem to get access before it.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

When we checked in to Portofino last year it was in the morning at around 8am - they gave us keys to use for Express and keys to open the door for the Club Lounge. We had breakfast and very nice it was too.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have one night booked at HRH Club Level for the Express Passes, I didn't realise we could use the lounge straight away I assumed it would only be available after 'official' check in time, so it is possible to grab some breakfast then on the first morning? :-)

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

It is absolutely possible to use the Club Lounge when you first arrive, therefore maximising the use of the Club Lounge over 2 days. We have always gone straight to the Club Lounge both at RPR and HRH at 7.30am - leaving our bags with bell services until our room is ready. It's much easier now as the room card is your express pass - we used to have to have photo's taken. We go and have our breakfast, grab some water and drinks, and go to the parks. You can come back for lunch, but it is only snacks, crisps, fruit etc. - but you can get drinks at any time of the day. We have done this every time we have stayed at the Universal Hotels, as have loads of other people. I've never been told 3pm or check in time - I just ask when we get our passes if we can access the Club Lounge. We also took the evening cookies and soft drinks down to the pool in the evening to watch a movie.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List