Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Nov 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Wow. that was interesting and I suppose if you only have a small appetite you certainly proved you can do it on a budget. I agree certain items are suitable to share ( cookie sandwich, sticky bun ) however even my children would be hungry if they shared some of those meals you guys shared let alone us adults
Notice you didn't do any TS meals either.
Thanks for sharing.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Really good report, have enjoyed reading along. We often manage on $50 a day for the two of us but we're in our villa and do a biggish shop at the beginning of the hols, we often eat in and don't do the parks.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I enjoyed your report and think you ate well and probably felt better than many who spend $100+ each day on food.

When I was a single parent outing my DD through her expensive ivy league university, her equestrian team did a pre-season camp in Florida. Seeing as she was already down there, we manage a very inexpensive vacation each year. My budget was always $100 (or a few times less) for everything-meals, souvenirs, misc treats. We never came close but also never felt overstuffed or weighted down by meals. I think 2 adults can eat good and reasonable meals at WDW for $50./day. I disagree that one must have a small appetite. Most WDW meals are way too big, have a day's calories in a meal and not at all needed in the heat.

We also drink primarily water-home, school, work and on vacation.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

great report

though we attempted to share the " burrito meal " from MK ( near POTC ) we got 3 meals for the 2 adults and 2 Ch, with the idea of " topping up " at the toppings bar, it didnt work, we felt that it hadnt filled us up
We also tried it at CHH, that didnt work either

we never really find the QS meals that big anymore, sure they were 15 years ago, but not now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
great report

though we attempted to share the " burrito meal " from MK ( near POTC ) we got 3 meals for the 2 adults and 2 Ch, with the idea of " topping up " at the toppings bar, it didnt work, we felt that it hadnt filled us up
We also tried it at CHH, that didnt work either

we never really find the QS meals that big anymore, sure they were 15 years ago, but not now
Interesting as I would have said this was one of our most filling meals. We did have the fajita platter which has slightly more with it. We also filled the fixing containers fairly full.
I wouldn't say we eat small meals but I don't like to feel over full. We have previously had the DP and felt it was too much food. When we go in September we plan to eat what we want rather than trying to use up our credits; as we felt much more comfortable on this holiday. I will definitely be avoiding fountain drinks with my food.
Old 3 Dec 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great report... Thanks for sharing! Good to see that it can be done on a budget... and love the idea of asking for water... Would never think of that as always end up ordering from the 'menu'! Has definitely given me ideas for our next unscheduled visit in June! ( Only decided this weekend! )
Old 7 Dec 17, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rosiebun3 View Post
Interesting as I would have said this was one of our most filling meals. We did have the fajita platter which has slightly more with it. We also filled the fixing containers fairly full.
I wouldn't say we eat small meals but I don't like to feel over full. We have previously had the DP and felt it was too much food. When we go in September we plan to eat what we want rather than trying to use up our credits; as we felt much more comfortable on this holiday. I will definitely be avoiding fountain drinks with my food.
oh the DDP is way too much food, some days you just eat for the sake of it, just because you need to eat 1 X TS and 1 X QS a day, after the first week it starts to wear on you

Our " burrito meal " was the Veggie one, if that makes any difference
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You did so well to spend so little! Really enjoyed reading your report
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Good report. We also share a lot of things, mainly at lunch though and have a meal each in the evening. As mentioned already, if you have small appetites it really doesn't cost much at all. The water makes a big difference, did it for the first time on our last trip. So much better, carried around one of those squirty juice flavours we brought from home and flavoured ours.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great trippy enjoyed reading. Thanks for posting.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List