AKL for pools 5 5.81%
Other 14 16.28%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Jul 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Which resort should I choose?

We’re booked to stay at AKL next year but I also really like the look of PO. Really not sure which one to choose as they both have pros and cons.

AKL the rooms have balconies although I doubt we will spend much time on it, I prefer the pool as it’s more lush & the hotel is all inside and not separate buildings. Plus the animals are a bonus.

PO I like the fact you can jump on a boat to DS but the pool areas I don’t think are quite so nice. The food court however is meant to be really good with lots of choice.

Is the boat to DS that much better than the bus? What time do they both stop and start running?

The dates I need only have RS availability in a pool view room, I've heard that Magnolia Bend is the best place to stay. What are the chances of getting assigned a room in that area?

Which resort would you choose and why?

Edited at 06:21 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I'd go for a balcony over the boat to DS, but then I like a balcony!

If you think you'll want to visit DS a lot, SSR might be worth a look; if there's availability.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

akl s lovely if not a tad far out for navigating around the other parks hotels and DS

Plus we never used the balcony much due to excess mosquitos because of the animals

We loved our stay but will be doing POFQ this time as our preferred SSR wasn’t available
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

Also, you can take a boat to ds from pofq and por
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
akl s lovely if not a tad far out for navigating around the other parks hotels and DS

Plus we never used the balcony much due to excess mosquitos because of the animals

We loved our stay but will be doing POFQ this time as our preferred SSR wasn’t available
Mossies on AKL balconies! Hadn't thought of that. I wonder how much of a problem that is for folk generally.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I went for “other” because none of your reasons in the options would be my reasons for choosing one over the other.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

We have never stayed at AKL but have stayed at POFQ.

We loved it.. it felt very grown up, the resort was tranquil and although there was lots of Disney it wasn’t in your face.

Catching the boat to Disney Springs was lovely, on our first night we watched the fireworks from the boat on the way back.

I’ve heard buses from AKL can be a nightmare with long waits... perhaps this is something to consider.

Either way I think it would be classed as ‘nicer problems to have’ to have to make the choice!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I went for “other” because none of your reasons in the options would be my reasons for choosing one over the other.
What would your reasons be?
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

We never had a problem with (or even noticed) mosquitos when we stayed at AKL. I would book AKL for the food options and lovely pool areas. As you said it is all under cover including the bus stops.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Stayed at both resorts.

The pool at AKL is nothing special and I'd actually say POR wins there.

POR boat is lovely over to springs so another plus.

AKL we found we hardly used our balcony and they're not the biggest.

Personally I'd opt for POR especially if it's cheaper. The only thing that would sway AKL for me is if it included the full free dining plan
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List