Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 29 Dec 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

What gifts were a triumph and were a failure?

I did pretty good for my older two, saying that they did a list so could not go wrong lol
My daughters favourite gift seems to be an oversized hoodie from top man lol my son has got a huge phone upgrade and now the proud owner of an I phone 7. I think it’s stuck to his palm lol
My five year old loves his cheap toys the best!
As stocking fillers (even though they have no stockings lol just chest gifts to bulk out the piles)
I got him 300 large plastic coloured cups. He LOVES them, he has built a den, a fort, a dragons den, stacks them for target practice, just brilliant!
He also loves his indoor snow balls (cost about £4 lol) we have played loads with these, knocking down his cups, having indoor snow ball fights, seeing you can throw one in the tub etc etc
Mincraft back pack which is now glued to his back lol
He loves his Lego as always.
Failure was his most expensive gift! Typical! This was a create creature, it’s super cute and I love it but once he opened it he played with it for five mins then never bothered with it again, he likes the cage though lol

Edited at 03:00 PM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

On Christmas eve we had the family over for a buffet. They are all coming to Florida and I did them surprise Disney/Universal Christmas eve boxes. They went down well.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

DD18
a mustard coloured bobble hat with a woolly pompom not a fake fur bobble. (she is veggie and some fake fur on Chinese imports was found to be rabbit - so I spent 2 weeks looking! )

veggie marshmallows and midget gems

a set of fairy lights with pegs on (on the wall in her room immediately)

DD16
Sidemen branded trackie bottoms and crop length top - hasn't taken them off yet!

Sloth shaped colour changing mood lamp

No losers this year! (main gift for both was money!)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

westgateresorts/hote...& utm_campaig

Two nights here from DS, can't wait.
No failures.
Old 29 Dec 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mine (DS13 & 15) definitely liked the Amazon Echos, which were a complete surprise for them. Although they were at their Dad’s last night & thought it was funny to play music through them using the app (the Echos were at our house, not with them)! Took me a minute to realise what was going on. I’ll get them back.

Edited at 04:03 PM.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My lo told me off when she opened a present. ‘I didn’t want this mummy, I told you it was rubbish’. I said ‘that’s ok I’ll give to another little girl and she will love it’, she then got it out the box and it’s been a winner. Well for her, it’s a blooming karaoke machine. I should have listened lol. She also loves her police station and police outfit.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

DD (9) favourite is her second hand Rick Riordan series - total book worm, and a Rubix Snake.
DS (7) favourite is Gravitrax - marble run for experts
DD (4) favourite is a boy doll, now called Jeff

Over the years some of the overlooked presents have become favourites, once the other novelties have worn off.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I got my daughter tickets to see panic at the disco. The tickets hadn’t arrived so ordered a scratch card with the words 2 tickets to panic at the disco on. She bawled her eyes out.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hels80 View Post
I got my daughter tickets to see panic at the disco. The tickets hadn’t arrived so ordered a scratch card with the words 2 tickets to panic at the disco on. She bawled her eyes out.
I got my youngest tickets to see Post Malone (he had asked but I said they sold out ), I was expecting some sort of bigger reaction , we did a worded clue but he was very blasé about it However as soon as he opened it he was on his phone texting his girlfriend that he got a ticket and every day since then he keeps bringing it up in every conversation that he's going to see Post Malone, so I guess that was the winner ! where did you get the scratchcard that sounds like a good idea.
Old 29 Dec 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Me and DH got each other 3 things which were the same - I don’t know whether it makes it a triumph (it means we both like it) or a failure (we have two of them).

One was our Christmas Eve present (something to do) - we both got each other escape room games. The one I got him was a bit of a failure as it needs 3 or more people.

One was our advert present (every year we get a £10 gift which is based on an advert which is always fun) - the advert this year was perfume so we both compromised and got each other the same air freshener but a different scent.

The last one was a normal present - DH has been moaning that he wants a fruit bowl for ages and for some reason I’ve said no. So I bought him a fruit bowl in rose gold to match our kitchen - when we went food shopping I made sure I bought some fruit in preparation. After I bought fruit ready for the fruit bowl he decided to buy me the exact same fruit bowl
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List