Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Feb 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry if I missed the link in oeamon's post but try this DIBB villa enquiry and those that fit your requirements will let you know

We don't go to the parks now so driving time not an issue I'm afraid

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Mick
Thank you - I did this last night and haven't had any responses at all. Think that's what put me in panic mode to be honest.
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
I'd have replied but only had my 8 bedroom villa available

Sure someone will come in with a villa for you.
ahh thanks
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We are 1 mile north of the dunes which is a beautiful community with 3 walkable supermarket 3 walkable restaurants not including the clubhouse and all the other chains and several independents 20 mins away in Winter Haven we can do Disney in22 mins but like everywhere it's traffic dependant
All the community's down our end are very popular for rentals
Helen.
Thanks helen. It really does sound lovely down your way. I think your right - it's traffic dependent which can and does chance daily..for what ever reason
Old 27 Feb 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
When we used to visit the parks regularly before 2010 and staying in the Berry Town Center area I always used to respond to this question in the same way.

Firstly before the Florence Villa Grove Road, Westside Boulevard, Funie Steed Road "short cut" was an option I used to say that you could lose 10 minutes simply by catching every light on 192 on red.

Secondly when you park up at MK for instance you could be lucky and get parked at the end nearest the trolley or, if not, a ten minute walk from the far end of the parking lot.

In my humble opinion the villa facilities are far more important than an "alleged" driving time to the parks.

Mick
I agree with this. If the villa ticked all the boxes I wouldn’t be bothered about an extra 10 minute car journey each way.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

We stayed at Southern Dunes last summer and really liked it. We weren’t doing parks every day but it was no more than 10 minutes on the 27 then onto the I4 to Disney. Traffic dependent obviously but you could do it in 20 mins from entering the I4 to the first point of World Drive if it was fairly quiet.

We liked the area in and around Southern Dunes and I specifically picked that after visiting that area in previous trips. I liked being able to walk or cycle to Walmart. DD and I got our nails done at the local nail bar, there’s a couple of hair salons, Taco Bell etc all within walking distance. Then lots of restaurants on the 27 including Mannys Chophouse. I loved having more on my doorstep as we were having a more relaxing holiday this time. Southern Dunes itself is lovely and has a clubhouse with diner, community pool, tennis courts etc. We would definitely go back.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Thank you everyone... you've put my mind at ease regarding the distance... The villa is absolutely perfect for us so it makes sense to go for it really. The area sounds fab and it's a community we haven't explored before so just hope the indecisive me hasn't left it too late and that it's still available...

I've just replied to the owners... fingers crossed everyone please!
Old 28 Feb 19, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I think timings are like how long is a piece of string so we prefer to quote distance.
I don’t think it’s wrong to quote on distance. But time is dependent on much more than distance in any city so if you don’t know the area it tells you very little about villa to park travelling time.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Stayed in Southern Dunes in 2009 and absolutely loved it! It is a bit further out but didn't find it too much of a hassle, although we did have two drivers so we could take it in turns (it's usually just me!).
Old 28 Feb 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Claireasol if you need any insider info I'm sure JulieB The other owners on the Dunes and they 2/3 other owners down our end will be more than happy to help
Just don't shout out to loud about Dora's best pizza ever and the vodka shrimp linguine food of the gods and DK donuts you will never
Eat a crispy Creme donut again oh and the French dip sandwich in the club house I can taste it already
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

We love Southern Dunes and don't mind the drive to and from the parks. It never takes as long as an hour maybe 30 mins or so We love the relaxation of the Golf course, the area itself is lovely and Walmart on your doorstep along with Mannys
Looking forward to our stay again in June
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List