Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Mar 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

So - We've just booked - in Southern Dunes. Very excited now. We missed out on the one we wanted but have managed to find an equally nice one. Just a BBQ missing sadly but I some of the other villa owners mentioned hiring one for us - how would I go about doing this? Is it something I can do myself or does the Owner have to do it on our behalf?

So - Can you tell me about the area? I know about the Walmart (handy for our beer runs!), Mannys is on the list as are the tips from above. - My girls and hubby love a good doughnut!
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claireasol View Post
So - We've just booked - in Southern Dunes. Very excited now. We missed out on the one we wanted but have managed to find an equally nice one. Just a BBQ missing sadly but I some of the other villa owners mentioned hiring one for us - how would I go about doing this? Is it something I can do myself or does the Owner have to do it on our behalf?

So - Can you tell me about the area? I know about the Walmart (handy for our beer runs!), Mannys is on the list as are the tips from above. - My girls and hubby love a good doughnut!
Quite often the management company will have info a prices for BBQ hire in the villa.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You cN hire a BBQ from no hassle vacations it will be delivered and picked up comes with gas but do ask the owner first please
Donuts turn left on to the 27 and about a mile away youmwill,find
DK donuts looks,like an old gas station theynare amazing
Beside Walmart you have Winne Dixie and Aldi all close by for food shopping
Mannys you know about so the club house serves really good breakfasts and lunch REatery Egg City both good for breakfast
Sonnys pit BBQ don't be put off by all the red neck trucks it's really good Dora's Pizza sit in take out or delivery it's the only Pizza I eat
And really good if small pasta menu you need to take your own beer or wine just a small corkage charge all of them and PappaJohns are walkable
And a mile north you have the New Culvers
There the usual Zaxbys McDonald's Popeyes etc Checkers all walkable
A little further south in Winter Haven where Lego land is you have
All the chains Red lobster Olive Garden Longhorn Ruby Tuesdays Chillies etc as wellassome great independents
Best Chinese take out is the one by Publix at St Charles Plaza on the 27
Posner Park is close by shopping cinema and more stores coming
Please ask if you need anymore info
Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Not forgetting Dollar Tree just before Win Dixie.

Petrol station in Walmart car park.

We find it a great area to stay. Everyone we came across was very friendly, plus you can always spot the Brits, they are the ones walking to Walmart
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
You cN hire a BBQ from no hassle vacations it will be delivered and picked up comes with gas but do ask the owner first please
Donuts turn left on to the 27 and about a mile away youmwill,find
DK donuts looks,like an old gas station theynare amazing
Beside Walmart you have Winne Dixie and Aldi all close by for food shopping
Mannys you know about so the club house serves really good breakfasts and lunch REatery Egg City both good for breakfast
Sonnys pit BBQ don't be put off by all the red neck trucks it's really good Dora's Pizza sit in take out or delivery it's the only Pizza I eat
And really good if small pasta menu you need to take your own beer or wine just a small corkage charge all of them and PappaJohns are walkable
And a mile north you have the New Culvers
There the usual Zaxbys McDonald's Popeyes etc Checkers all walkable
A little further south in Winter Haven where Lego land is you have
All the chains Red lobster Olive Garden Longhorn Ruby Tuesdays Chillies etc as wellassome great independents
Best Chinese take out is the one by Publix at St Charles Plaza on the 27
Posner Park is close by shopping cinema and more stores coming
Please ask if you need anymore info
Helen
Fantastic - this is perfect. thanks so much.

We googled BBQ hire and the one you mentioned came up so we feel happier knowing they are recommended. I will for sure speak with the owner first.
My husband nearly fell off his chair when I read out about Sonnys Pit BBQ - right up his street. The red necks won't worry us. We got married on Cocoa Beach in 2014 (only 4 guests!) and had a relaxed lunch after - unbeknown to us in a lap dancing \ strip bar - car park full of red neck trucks, bar full of red necks. Absolutely fantastic staff and the best Fish and chips I've ever had. We are very open minded!

3 days left for you it seems Have a wonderful time Thanks again - I may be in touch again if you don't mind,
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
Not forgetting Dollar Tree just before Win Dixie.

Petrol station in Walmart car park.

We find it a great area to stay. Everyone we came across was very friendly, plus you can always spot the Brits, they are the ones walking to Walmart
Petrol station close by is a winner
Old 2 Mar 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Always happy to help in any way I can about our area
Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

So - just want to say thanks so much for all the inside info on southern Dunes area. We returned yesterday after a scorching 2 weeks.

We absolutely loved Dora's Pizza. Got it delivered to the villa and Sonny's BBQ was a winner with my 8 year old who loves BBQ ribs. Apparently they are the best she's ever had! Manny's - well what can I say? What a place! fab steaks and deals to be had. Made use of happy hour and kids eat free.

The drive to the parks was straight forward. We always hit traffic at the same place on the same road no matter what time of day it was but we were moving all the time so it didn't seem to take that much longer than when we stayed in Davenport and before Claremont.

We were a bit gutted not to spot any Gators in the lake as the neighbours said there were 2 or 3 in there but it was amazing sitting out in the evening listening to them.
Old 31 May 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

So glad you had a great time down our end and Dora’s Sonny’s and Mannys were a hit
I’ll be ordering a Dora’s Delivery later this evening when I arrive at our villa
Old 31 May 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've stayed on Southern Dune about 5 or 6 times. Its definitely more than 20 minutes to the parks but never an hour, perhaps 35 minutes. The only downside is that its probably too far to go out th the parks, return then go back again. Personally think its a great resort, we liked it because of the golf course. Handy Walmark next door, two minute drive to Manny's.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List