Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 Mar 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Solo at DLP March 2019 - Pre Travel Day

Welcome to my first trip report, I’m a Disney addict and have done WDW 3 times. This is my 1st trip to DLP and my first ever solo trip. Also, my first ever trip report so take it easy on me

Day 0 - Pre Travel Day

I decided on staying at an airport hotel as my flight time tomorrow is super early.

I got a taxi to the train station as I didn’t want to faff and it was uneventful. I got to the train station with no time to spare though and thought about getting a later one as I stared longly at the costa coffee booth. I decided against it in the end as the next one was nearly 40 mins away and I didn’t want to hang around. At this point I was so excited I could burst.

I made my first travelling mistake when I got to my train platform and realised my train had around 57 stops (only a slight exaggeration). I booked it without checking the stops as it said it was direct online. It was... it was just paying a visit to every single station between Liverpool and Manchester... there are trains that stop at 4 stops before the airport... this was not one of those trains

I decided to go for it as I couldn’t wait to be under way.

I finally arrived! Manchester airport awaited... I made it... me! On my first solo trip... to the airport at least. I feel I could not under estimate the success of this as I’m usually a disaster when travelling alone anywhere.

I had a lovely lady when I checked in to the Radisson. She saw I was a member and asked how many times I’d stayed to which I said around 5 or so. She asked why I liked to come back (odd I thought but went with it.) I told her I loved watching the planes take off and land plus it was handy for the terminals. I said how it’s a shame that they charge extra for runway views now. She smiled and asked me to wait while she had a good search on the computer. I did so thinking her screen was on go slow and then she turns to me and says ‘well I’ve placed you in a superior room with one of our best airport runway views to say thank you for your customer loyalty...’

Well colour me shocked!

Stunning room and I was so overwhelmed by how sweet by check in lady had been in upgrading me.

I decided a little while later I was hungry and I had a coupon for Joes Kitchen in Terminal 1 arrivals area so after I unpacked I headed there.

I chose the Mac and Cheese Fritters (macaroni cheese fritters with a herb yogurt dipping sauce)

Gorgeous creamy filling, side dip tasted like grass bizarrely and quite looked like it too. I’m not sure if I liked the dip... very unusual. I preferred it with some garlic mayo which I asked for two bites in. Was seated promptly and sever was lovely, so polite and welcoming. But not overly attentative which being solo I preferred.

BBQ chicken and cheese melt with chips and side salad.

I loved this! The chips were fab, nicely crisp on the outside with lovely fluffy middles. The salad had a really nice honey and mustard dressing and the bbq chicken melt was to die for. It had this gorgeously sweet tangy smoky bbq sauce, very generous chicken and cheese and it was on a grain type bread which gave it a lovely crunch and made it not too soggy.

As you can tell I loved it.. as you can also tell my ketchup is in a dollop on the side of my plate not just squeezed haphazardly all over my chips... which also proves I’m not a psychopath allegedly 😜

I also had two cokes and I had a 20% off coupon here so my final bill was a very cheap £19.20 and I left a nice tip as the girl serving me was super lovely. I figured it’s airport prices and I’m on holidays but I honestly thought for two drinks, a starter and a main it wasn’t that bad

Fit to bursting, I rolled myself out of Joe’s Kitchen and into boots. I needed some face wipes as I’d completely forgot any type of skincare besides moisturiser when packing. I was dubious about trying a new face wash so was hopeful I’d just get some simple wipes. I’d hate my skin to decide to break out... first world problems I know!

I couldn’t spot any simple wipes so went for the boots own moisturising ones, I may live to regret this but it was either this or sleeping in my makeup (yuck)

I stopped at the spar shop as I’d be getting up eye wateringly early tomorrow for my 7ish am flight and wanted a pastry to have in my room with a coffee. This is where I realised being solo meant being greedy or wasteful as everything came in twos... I’m gonna go for being greedy!

I also treated myself to this:

Now I’m not going to drink it all given I have to be up at daft o’clock but I thought it would be a nice treat while lounging in bed.

I’m off to drink my wine and find some rubbish tv to watch. Early night for my early start!

Thanks for reading

Edited at 09:07 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashcole
Getting Excited

Fab start, following along!
Old 26 Mar 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

The upgrade was a nice surprise. It seems customer loyalty isn’t dead after all!

The food looked lovely. Those Mac n cheese bites

Looking forward to reading along.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ashcole View Post
Fab start, following along!
Thank you! Here’s hoping I can keep it up!
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
The upgrade was a nice surprise. It seems customer loyalty isn’t dead after all!

The food looked lovely. Those Mac n cheese bites

Looking forward to reading along.
I was so shocked at the upgrade! I’d already had some money off the room by booking a pre paid member rate so this was really kind of her - I’ve left nice feedback for her by email

Those bites... omg! Heaven of creamy cheesy goodness!

Edited at 10:46 PM.
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Well done on both a great pre-travel day and getting a fab first day report up and running!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Well done on both a great pre-travel day and getting a fab first day report up and running!
Thank you! I actually enjoyed writing it up and being solo my notes kept me occupied during moments where I might have had a companion previously like eating dinner
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a great start with your room upgrade and your meal looks delicious. Hope you have a fabulous holiday.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I love your writing style!
Looking forward to travel day and your arrival at DLP. Strangely, although i travel solo to WDW regularly I’ve never thought of doing DLP solo. Your trip might be the push I need to do that. Enjoy your flight!
Old 27 Mar 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for reading along all! Just at departures