Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Mar 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 11 – (4.8.18) Typhoon Lagoon, MK, Applebee's

Today the plan had originally been to go shopping in the morning, spend the afternoon at the villa in the park and head to MK for the evening. We had already done shopping earlier in the week and weren’t too fussed about going again so we decided to spend the morning in Typhoon Lagoon. I’m not sure if I mentioned on the day we visited Volcano Bay but DH is not a fan of waterparks at all however, the kids and I love them. So, with this in mind the deal was that I would do the slides with the kids and DH would sit on a sun lounger all day….win, win!

I was up at 7 (and no doubt secretly cursing myself for my inability to have a lie in on holiday when the chance arose!) and everyone else was up at 8. We had a cereal breakfast in the villa with the cold Starbucks latte we had popped into Publix for last night before packing the things we needed for the water park and heading over to TL at 9.15. We arrived at TL at 9.45 and found a space easily enough. We were through the tapstiles quickly before queuing to enter the water park by the main pool.

Well, what a complete and utter scrum for beds it is at rope drop! It was not good. We headed to the right of the main pool and found a nice spot of beach just opposite the snack shack and quite close to Miss Adventure falls. We got ourselves settled with our towels while DH went off to find a locker ($10) and I applied suncream to the kids. Once DH was back we had a drink from the 2 refillable cups he had purchased ($25.54) and when we both had sufficient suncream on it was about 10.30 so DH enjoyed relaxing while the kids and I went to slide!

We first of all walked around to Crush n’ Gusher and rode coconut, I think this was because it was the only slide which allowed single rider and as a group of 3 one of us had to ride alone. Once off crush n gusher we headed clockwise around the park. I found this park so much easier to navigate than Volcano Bay and we didn’t get lost once! We rode Mayday Falls, Keelhaul Falls, Humunga Kowabunga and Storm Slides (we were racing and I won as I shot out VERY far!) We had enjoyed our time taking in the slides but decided to head back to DH now to check he was ok!

Once back to DH we discovered it was 12:45 so we had been gone for almost 2 hours! As it was so late we decided to go for lunch. We visited the snack shack where I found a little seating area and waited for DH and DD as they ordered the food. While I was waiting with DS a family next to us gave us the bucket and spade their food had come in for DS. For lunch we ordered a waffle with fruit for DD $6.79 and 3 Italian deli sandwiches for the rest of us. The total was $39.15 and the sandwiches each came with a bag of lays.

Lunch was very good and enjoyed by all, a quiet surprise for water park food we thought. It was such a shame that DD couldn’t finish her waffle though as it was quite big and the chocolate syrup was melting quickly in the sun! I haven’t written it down but I think there was a killer wasp hanging around during lunch and several families were darting away from it. Couple that with the very hot seats we didn’t hang around long at all!

We headed back to the sunbeds and put another layer of suncream on then went to do the rides together as a family of 4. Dh’s only condition was that it had to be a raft ride and not a water slide! I made a slight mistake here and we headed to Miss Adventure Falls and it had a massive queue which we didn’t want to stand in, really we should have done that ride as soon as we arrived. Instead we headed to Crush and Gusher to have a go on banana and get a photopass at the bottom. The ride was excellent but the photopass photographer wasn’t paying a blind bit of attention as DH and DD and myself and DS came down so we didn’t get either photo. DH was not happy at all. He had waited for a second in the splash pool at the bottom to get a photo but said the cm was very rude and shouted at him to get out.

Oh well…..Who needs a photo when your hair is a water park mess anyway?! We went and rode Gangplank falls and then back to Miss Adventure Falls to see what the queue was like but it was still too long and very hot in the line so we decided we had had enough and would leave. We refilled our drinks and had a shower then headed out of TL. We decided we would head straight to MK rather than back to the villa.

Once in the TTC we decided to take the ferry boat across. My notes say it was beautiful.

Once through the tapstiles DS decided that he wanted to have a go at Sorceres of the Kingdom so we went to the Fire House to sign up. We had a look around at all the fire signs/badges as the last time we came here 5 years ago, DH brought his fire badge and asked to ring the bell as one of the firefighters in his brigade had recently lost their lives in a city centre fire. But, where did the bell go? I’ve literally written in my notes “Where is the bell?!” so it obviously wasn’t there.

We got our cards and headed out of the fire house and started on Main Street but then got caught up watching the Dapper Dans and the flag retreat ceremony.

This was very good but we chose to move on prior to the end as it was quite long. We started Sorcerers of the Kingdom under the train station.

We couldn’t continue with Sorcerers of the Kingdom as we needed to do something outside the jewellers but a CM was stopping us form using it because of the flag retreat ceremony.

We waited a little while and then managed to complete it. Our thoughts….we weren’t that impressed to be honest. Not sure if it was because we didn’t fully understand how to use the cards/what to do or because we got caught up in the ceremony which made it difficult to complete but we enjoyed using the magic wands in Universal much more (at a large cost of course but that is just our choice!)

Leaving Main Street we headed to Adventure Land where we found Aloha Isle and chose 3 dole whips and 1 vanilla cup for DS as he doesn’t like pineapple. Total cost was $22.33 and it was 5:22pm by this point.

We found a small table to sit at and enjoyed eating the dole whips in the later afternoon sunshine. From there we headed to POC which was showing a 25 minute standby time.

Ride enjoyed we then went to 7DMT for our FP. DH and DS hadn’t been on this before so it was their first time. We loved it.

We then went to watch Philharmagic which I absolutely loved before heading over to SM for our 2nd FP. Enjoyed this ride again.

Our 3rd and final FP was for BTMR at 8.30 and I’m guessing by this point it was only a little after 7. We decided to leave the FP for BTMR and head over to DS for the art store and some tea….This was a big mistake!

On our way out through Adventureland we found the cart for cheeseburger spring rolls as DS had watched Tim Tracker and wanted to buy them, unfortunately it was closed so tonight was not to be the night.

We continued out through MK and left by 8.15 and were on the road outside DS by 8.30 where it told us all the parking garages were full. Eek! We soon realised that it was a Saturday night and not the best time to visit DS. Ooops, beginning to wish we’d stayed in MK for BTMR now!

We tried to go to Bahama Breeze near DS but traffic was crazy so instead I tried to phone up and book a table at Millers at Champions Gate. To which I was told there were no pre bookings currently being taken and a 45 minute wait on the door, at that time. Oh dear….DH had no idea where he was or where we were heading so he just continued to drive aimlessly! I think we circled around some of the Disney Resorts and even drove past the entrance to Saratoga Springs, and another one that seemed very close to a fire station.

No idea where but never mind! Eventually DH pulled of the road/freeway that we were on as I spotted a sign for Celebration and told him I’d heard of it and it was nice! We drove around the area quite randomly for a little while longer until I spotted an Applebee’s. I told DH to go there as it was supposed to be ok. The receipt says we were on Irlo Bronson Memorial Way in Celebration. Couldn’t find it again without Sat Nav as I have no idea where we had driven but we were really glad of finding it on the night!

Parked the car in the car park and as we were approaching there was a group of older woman outside who were being very raucous sat on a bench. Not sure how the conversation started but they heard me speak and were saying “Oh my Gawd you’re English! I love your accent….say my name for me!” It was hilarious and after I’d said a few names I asked what they’d been up to (they were still saying how much they loved my English accent!) and turned out they’d been to a Tupperware party…is that even a thing anymore? Not heard of people going to those since I was about 8!

DH had very quickly abandoned me to take the kids inside so once I shook off the drunken Tupperware ladies I headed inside where the servers found it hilarious I’d been caught by them. We were seated quickly and given menus. The place was nice inside and I was glad we had managed to visit as I had wanted to on our last trip but we hadn’t had the chance. I’m not sure what drinks we all ordered as there are only a couple listed on the receipt and my notes are one existent for this part of the evening. I have worked out that I had 2 raspberry cosmopolitans though, the first was obviously delicious!

Food wise we ordered a whiskey bacon burger (DH), a kids mac and cheese with mozzarella sticks (DD), a kids cheeseburger and mozzarella sticks (DS) and I had the 4 cheese mac and cheese with honey pepper chicken tenders.

We must have been quite full as for desserts we ordered a sundae shooter and a brownie bite.

Total bill was $64.94 plus tip. My notes say excellent food/excellent value! Bill paid at 9.59 and we went back to the villa by 10.50 then bed. It had been a busy day!

Edited at 08:39 PM.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fab trip report!

Typhoon Lagoon and Applebees - great memories from our holiday at the same time as yours. Miss it so much
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Fab trip report!

Typhoon Lagoon and Applebees - great memories from our holiday at the same time as yours. Miss it so much
Yes, me too. Especially looking at that delicious raspberry cosmopolitan.

Thanks for reading.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That sounds like a lovely day, I'll bear in mind your comments about the car parks at DS on a weekend evening..
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day . Applebee’s never gets a mention on here anymore but the food looks great , sounds like you were on the 192 . Ds is manic every weekend .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I've always avoided Applebees in Florida after twice visiting the (now gone) awful one on New York's W 42nd Street but visited one in Maryland which was fine so it really should go back on my list as their prices are really good and the menu is good.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another busy day! Yes DS on a weekend is best avoided 😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Another busy day! Yes DS on a weekend is best avoided 😂
Lesson definitely learnt! Stick to the plan in future! 🙈