Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Apr 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you enjoy your 1st morning in Orlando!
I love that 1st day feeling 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Following along I never like plane food, and agree the cheese and crackers are always the best bit! Weirdest food I have ever been given on the plane was Norwegian last month back from Chicago, we got given a chicken caesar sandwich at 5am UK time (midnight Chicago time) for our breakfast...
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Miller’s Ale House

We walked up to Miller’s for dinner. It was a 25 minute wait for a table and the 3 of us were flagging by the time we got sat down.

I had a blue moon mango beer and df a corona, she got asked for Id and showed her driving license, the waitress also wanted her passport which she didn’t have. I had a photo of her passport on my phone, she relented but told df to carry her passport if she was coming back as they are really strict in Miller’s. Not a problem I’ve had as I looked everyone of my 45 years by that point.😂

We had a voucher for a free flatbread, we went for pepperoni and ordered that straight away with the drinks. It was delicious and took the edge off our hunger.

Kids eat free on a Tuesday if they are under 12 so ds ordered off the kids menu much to his disgust. He had shrimp and fries.

Df had the zinger mountain melt, she enjoyed this and made a fair dent in it with a little help from ds.

I went for the fajitas which were good and perfectly sized by the time I gave one to ds.

The bill was $43.

Afterwards we crossed over to Walgreens and bought these goodies.

And ofcourse some of these Krispy Kremes for the morning.
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Breakfast looks fab, have a great trip.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Good choice sausage sandwich , have a safe journey x
Thanks. My favourite choice of roll.
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Have a great flight!
Thanks it all went fine.
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Safe travels all
Thanks - here safe and sound.
Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Safe journey. Really looking forward to following along.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Excited to see this have a fantastic time
Thanks very much.
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love millers , it’s seems increasingly they are asking fo passports . I needed it in Walmart on our last visit and they would only accept the passport ( we had it as we had the hire car) .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Food looks pretty ok! Must have changed recently as we went to FLL with BA in Dec and it was the chicken sandwich and dessert was something chocolatey.
Yes the sandwich was the biggest change I noticed. A change for the better though.

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Glad you arrived safely I’d have had the magnum , cheese sandwich and flapjack . Why is plane food so dire or just strange combinations ?
I know, especially when you are trying to appeal to the masses. The food on the way back is always at least twice as bad!
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Hope you enjoy your 1st morning in Orlando!
I love that 1st day feeling 😊
Thank you. It’s been very chilled as we don’t move to Universal till tomorrow so although we were up early we were in absolutely no rush.

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Following along I never like plane food, and agree the cheese and crackers are always the best bit! Weirdest food I have ever been given on the plane was Norwegian last month back from Chicago, we got given a chicken caesar sandwich at 5am UK time (midnight Chicago time) for our breakfast...
Thank you. How odd! A very weird breakfast choice.
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh dinner looks lovely. I know that my two would make a monstrous fuss about ordering off the kids menu too.

I might not have been that happy if my friend had been carded and I hadn't! In all the years we've been to Orlando I have never been asked for ID yet I diligently carry my driving licence and a copy of the passport. I doubt that's going to happen now as I was a mere 37 on our first trip!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh dinner looks lovely. I know that my two would make a monstrous fuss about ordering off the kids menu too.

I might not have been that happy if my friend had been carded and I hadn't! In all the years we've been to Orlando I have never been asked for ID yet I diligently carry my driving licence and a copy of the passport. I doubt that's going to happen now as I was a mere 37 on our first trip!
Ds was well warned that for an extra trip he needs to suck it up and deal with the odd few kids meals.

To be fair df is significantly younger than me but to add insult to injury the server thought I was her mum😂😂😂 it’s possible but a horrific thought.
Old 10 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I can’t be doing with the Kruller but mint m&ms are the food of the gods keep it coming
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List