Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 7 Apr 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Help us eat more fish!

So, we should apparently be eating 2 portions of oily fish a week.

I'll have the occasional fishfinger (white fish so doesn't count apparently) and have been known to make a salmon en croute - but really would love to hear of any yummy and easy fish dishes you make
I'm being realistic and will try to start with fish once a week...
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Tub of cherry tomatoes, herbs , pepper, salmon pieces on top, into oven till salmon cooked. Serve with pasta or salad. Lovely.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I love meaty fish like monk fish, tuna or sword fish.

Monk fish is lovely chopped into pieces, cooked in a coconut milk & chili mix

I like making a herby / nut crust for salmon before baking in the oven.

Tuna steaks are lovely grilled or bbq until still pink inside & served with creamy cheddar mash & veg.

Following the fishy theme
Prawn & salmon risotto is also yummy, I use tiger prawns & smoked salmon in mine - it’s a great easy straightforward 20 minute recipe.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

Cook salmon fillets in oven.Cook wholemeal tagliatelle, when cooked stire in a tub of fresh green pesto, place in pasta dish with salmon fillet on top. Warm up can of ratatouille, put round edges of pasta. Yum.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Fish is so easy, we use it for quick meals - Salmon/mackerel/herring/sardines/cod/haddock/ oil it, season it, put in tray in oven, bake for 15ish min, eat - with pasta/rice/baked potato/sweet potato/rosti/bubble and squeak - drizzle the juices from the pan over.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ASCollins
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Homemade fishcakes are a great way to get fish into your diet whilst tasting great and feeling a bit naughty! Highly recommended trying it with some smoked fish (smoked haddock works really well). They also freeze brilliantly so you can make a stash of them.
Also, recently we have upped our prawn intake at home. Pretty much any curry/stir fry/fried rice/pasta dish that you normally make with chicken can work with prawns. I love doing Thai green or red curry at home with ready peeled prawns. So quick and easy!
ASCollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Noel Radford from 21 kids and counting does an amazing and really quick Thai green fish curry and also has a good recipe for fish cakes. Both are quick, easy and cheap. They have a YouTube channel with loads of good recipe ideas
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Absolutely LOVING these ideas! Thank you so much - and keep them coming : )
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

This is what I eat a lot of (having the same tonight):

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
On Friday I had smoked haddock cooked in milk/water, done in 10 minutes on top of the stove

While at the same time Lesley was grilling two kippers on the grill, she said they were lovely and she doesn't mind bones, but it did smell the kitchen out for two days.

Melvin and Lesley