Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Apr 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Easy for some to knock the airline but unless you’ve had first hand experience it’s not really fair to comment. We found them excellent and I’ve got to say the customer service from Norwegian, even though we booked through a third party, has been brilliant, no quibble refund.

It’s such a shame as this whole thing is really not their fault, I hope the engine manufacturer compensates accordingly but I fear the “big boys” just want to see Norwegian off.
I won’t fly with them for three reasons
Lack of business cabin
Never cheaper in their “premium” than the scheduled airlines
Financial concerns, they remind me of FlyGlobespan tbh.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkyweb
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I spoke with them today and they confirmed that my flight to Miami is still a Dreamliner but the flight back is the privalidge one. They also confirmed that there are screens in the back of the seats in both flights. Let’s what and see though...
sparkyweb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lauradav1
I want to go now!

Changed my plane in August to hifly spoke with them yesterday via live chat and they moved me a day earlier to the Monday as at the moment apparently the Dreamliner is still flying Monday’s only to Orlando. They couldn’t of been nicer changed for free so hopefully it will be the Dreamliner but I’ll be awaiting a change now until we actually take off😬
Lauradav1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

NOOOOOOO. I have just logged in and this affects us in August too! We are flying economy out and premium return. Does Hifly even have premium?
Floridasun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
swintonowl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
NOOOOOOO. I have just logged in and this affects us in August too! We are flying economy out and premium return. Does Hifly even have premium?
It does have premium but google them and read some reviews. It sounds like legroom is limited in economy. Also take a look at how much you paid versus what you could book a replacement flight for as Norwegian will refund you if you do want to change and find something better.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
I won’t fly with them for three reasons
Lack of business cabin
Never cheaper in their “premium” than the scheduled airlines
Financial concerns, they remind me of FlyGlobespan tbh.
I agree, just comparing like for like on their economy product. Shame about the financial concerns, I was prepared to take the risk before but I think its even more likely now with this lot ….. such a shame for Norwegian and their staff and the worst thing is I feel Im adding to their pain just daren't take the risk.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lauradav1 View Post
Changed my plane in August to hifly spoke with them yesterday via live chat and they moved me a day earlier to the Monday as at the moment apparently the Dreamliner is still flying Monday’s only to Orlando. They couldn’t of been nicer changed for free so hopefully it will be the Dreamliner but I’ll be awaiting a change now until we actually take off😬
I found customer service excellent yesterday too.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We are flying out economy and home in premium. prices for that elsewhere now are high and it would be just my luck if I switched and the other airline did the same ! May just stick with it. Decisions decisions.
Floridasun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

So glad I read this post, I've just got a refund on DH flight, who is not coming with us any more and was booked non-refundable. Luckily he was on a separate booking to us as he wasn't going for as long as us.
Just trying to find some flights for myself and the kids then I'll be cancelling ours too.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Looks like I'm gonna have a quiet flight. After research it appears this is due to a problem with the 787 engines having to be repaired or replaced. Not Norwegian's fault and it will affect all these planes with all airlines so there will potentially be further wet leases to follow. Virgin had to do this on some routes late last year as well. I am therefore reluctant to spend more money switching my flights if there is a chance of the new flight having the same issue.