Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 May 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Tit for tat. Birthday on board... May 19. La Coruña

Alarm set for 7.30 this morning. I got up and ready then woke everyone else since they can’t seem to move their bums.

When we were finally ready we went down to the peninsula restaurant for a sit down breakfast. Was lovely. Got seated straight away no messing about scrambling for a table.

I fancied something light so I got a cheese and ham omelette. Hubby had poached eggs and bacon on toast and girls had pancakes. Dunno what it is with this ship but the portion sizes for kids are ridiculous. Three pancakes the size of saucers. Other day it was 2 cookies for pudding rather than one. Even 7 chicken nuggets. They usually eat 4 at home.
Anyway rant over. Would be moaning if it wasn’t enough. Never pleased.

Breakfast as I say was lovely. Waiter service. Toast. Blueberry muffins we ordered to share. Nice juices. Was happy with this especially compared to yesterday’s.

We went straight ashore. The kids found a playground after about 2 mins and so we did that for a while.

Come to Spain and all my kids want is a playground.
Walked round the port. Decided to try and go look at a beach think it was called orzo or something. Well 30 mins and complaining kids later we found we were back near the ship. We had walked up these little side roads and somehow gone in a bit of a circle. We found the centre Prit Maria I think it was called. Was some kind of square with an official building.

So we walked down the little road everyone was going down. Was lined with shops and businesses but nothing looked good. So back to find the beach.
20 mins later and we were there. However it was cold and windy on that side. Beach was full of people with dogs so didn’t end up going on it. Kids wanted to go back to the sweet shop we had found. Tried to retrace our steps but nope we couldn’t find it at all.
I was starting to get fed up. My euros burning a hole in my pocket. Scarlett was moaning about being tired. Georgia had to be carried. Now I think that maybe this was more to do with boredom than the walking. They wanted to go back on the ship. So back we went.

Off to Brodie’s which I think is my favourite bar. Was about 11.50. They should have been open but they were having extended drill so weren’t yet.

Scarlett made a friend. A receptionist heard her whistling and asked Scarlett to teach her how to do it. Must have spent 10 minutes speaking to her and Georgia.
That’s definitely ones thing about the azura. All the staff are wonderful. I haven’t come across any so far that haven’t been and they seem to love the kids.

Hubby decided we should call virgin and see how much it might be to change our booking to a villa for our Disney holiday. As the kids have been annoying we were thinking a villa may be better. Was £133 difference including all the charges. I love the free breakfast at hotel but have a private pool and washing machine.

We ordered some drinks. I had coke. Hubby had appletise. Was getting about 1pm so decided to have lunch. Had some curry and rice from the buffet. Wasn’t brilliant but can’t have that many table service meals a day.

Georgia was starting to get a bit ratty so we went back for a snooze. Well she slept none of us did. Scarlett chilled out on iPad for half hour. While we went through tonight’s menu.

After nap they decided they wanted to go to kids club. So while they went there we went to glass house. Again no pictures. I am really very useless at this point. Really it’s gonna be me just waffling on.
Ordered s fruity wine and s sweet champagne. The champagne one was ok. I don’t really do wine or beer. I had a water.

Collected kids. Then went for dinner. Was 60s-90s night so put them in skater dress hoping that would be ok. Needn’t have worried. There were plenty of people more dressed down than us.

Dinner at the meridian was really good. Kids had sausage and chips. Scarlett wanted carrots. Georgia asked for lots of broccoli. They were both quite good in here. They are annoying kids but they do try very hard to do everything right. Georgia just has a tendency to shout st the minute. They had jelly got after.
I had calamari,salmon then lemon tart. Hubby had calamari,cod then peanut butter meringue tart. We both enjoyed our meals. The restaurant manager came over to make sure it was a good meal. Talked mainly to the kids. Didn’t see him talk to anyone else. I have a theory that it’s the girls that they seem to gravitate to.

We were surprised at another table with a boy about 3 same as Georgia and he didn’t eat instead had the iPad the whole time while both parents were on phones.

As promised as kids were good we went to Malabar. Coke for me. Banaberry for girls and Tropicana for hubby.

Called it a night at that.

Alarm set for 7.30 in morning. It’s kedgeree for breakfast and we are at port of Santander. Do you think I will actually spend a Single euro yet?

Appletise £2.15
Pepsi £1.95
Local tax £0.41
Wine £4.75
Wine £4.50
Local tax £0.93
Pepsi £2.95
Tropicana £3.05
Banaberry £3.05
Pepsi £1.95 £25.69

Edited at 11:52 PM. Reason: Adding
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Not sure which date order your trip report is so am guessing which day comes next but I agree la coruna is not the most exciting port, think we looked at shops got an ice cream went back to ship, same as you! My favourite itineraries are greek Islands, Adriatic, Italy. I loved Norway too.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Not sure which date order your trip report is so am guessing which day comes next but I agree la coruna is not the most exciting port, think we looked at shops got an ice cream went back to ship, same as you! My favourite itineraries are greek Islands, Adriatic, Italy. I loved Norway too.
Yeah probably should have put days on it. Didn’t think lol. I just put it in order on the index thingy. Will try and remember for the Disney one.

Definitely want to do the fjords one.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
lovely photo of your girls walking down the corridor together
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List