Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 May 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Solo WDW holiday ideas and advice...

I am going back 'home' in November this year, for my very first solo Disney trip.

All my park hours have now been released and considering all my experience with going to WDW, I've never been on my own before and I am being a bit of a nightmare with planning things (even with just myself to please!).

So, I have started being sensible and have a rough plan in place for my first full day there which is the 20th November. I am staying on site.

The (rough) plan at the moment is to get up crack of dawn (which is a common occurrence on the first day for us all, isn't it, with time differences etc), head to Magic Kingdom for rope drop/welcome show... spend a few hours wandering round, doing some FP's. Then around lunch time, hop on the monorail to Epcot, wander round there for a few hours looking at the shops and have a QS early dinner in Japan.

Then head back over to MK on the monorail for extra magic hours which are between 9pm and 11pm.

That will be making my first day over 14 hours. Is this being a bit silly? Will I burn myself out on day one?

The other option I considered was skipping Epcot altogether, and after a morning at MK, getting the bus back to my resort, chilling out/exploring for a few hours, freshen up and THEN head back over to MK for EMH... ?!

Opinions would be fantastic if possible. Obviously I can change things around as and when, as I mentioned above, I only have myself to please and I am only on the QS DP, so will have no ties when it comes to eating times.

Thank you :-)

x
Old 30 May 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

^^^ should have mentioned, this is the only day during my entire 7 day trip that MK has EMH due to lots of the Mickey xmas party thing. So I would be silly not to take advantage.

x
Old 30 May 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Prefer option two with a break as you will probably be shattered by then. But can go back later. Are you staying on site?
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
1st full day we always manage till about 3.30/4.00 then hit the wall, go back to the resort have food then shower and some tv till as late as possible.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

^ Yes I am staying on site.

So maybe option 2 is the better one then. After a few hours in MK, go back to my resort and relax/freshen up and chill and then head back to MK for EMH in the evening
Old 31 May 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I would be perfectly happy to do rope drop MK and then Epcot. But I would not go back to MK for evening EMH. These are a no for us, especially at MK. In fact only my DH has tried evening EMH and he left very shortly thereafter, massively crowded (and this was a quieter time of year), no fast passes and he literally could not do anything. He is a very patient man too, so we think best avoided. Morning EMH on the other hand are a good thing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Just remember to change from the monorail at the TTC so the other one will get you to Epcot from MK area. This can add time to your plans but totally doable. Just take the first couple of days at your own pace and remember there are lots of places to take a break if you need to. You can change FP preferences as you choose where you want to be just be aware some get used up quicker than others since they are on a kind of tiered system the “ bigger ticket” rides and attractions are more difficult to get especially as the day goes on. Depending on which resort you are staying at it can take a while to get from there to the parks on an afternoon/ evening since all the buses are operated directly from the parks not from the resorts but again it’s still possible to get around fairly easily. For instance you could go from a park to DS and then take a bus to your resort it’s sometimes just as easy as waiting for a direct bus if you happen to miss yours. If all else fails you can always ask a CM what your options are and of course there’s always Minnie vans if you need one. Make sure you keep hydrated and eat a little and often those first couple of days. Once you get into the time zone out there it gets much easier. Try putting your phone/watch into local time before you leave the airport it helps your brain and body to adjust nicely. Remember you can always go back another day if you miss something. We often plan a rest day at about day 5 just to get the laundry taken care of and spend time at the resort and have a swim. It works well for us but everyone is different. We didn’t see ROL last time as we were on FOP while it was on (surprisingly a fantastic ride in fact) but for sure we want to see it at some point along with all of Toy Story Land and SWGE.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm not sure I'd be worrying about evening EMH- I've heard they get too busy and there is no way I'd make it on the first day. Is there a park with morning EMH that day - Given you are up early anyway why not go there.
Day one we are doing a pre park BOG breakfast then MK, might be an option if you are keen to start in MK.
You don't need to overly stress though - the joy of the QSDP and a solos trip is you can just see how you feel when you get to the afternoon.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List