Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jun 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 11 Tues 14th May AK and WL

Today was our second visit to Animal Kingdom and we had fastpasses for Flight of Passage, Dinosaur and Everest. We were hoping we would have better luck with Navi River Journey this time. And we did! We arrived at Pandora just before 9.00am and the queue was posting 5 minutes! What a beautiful ride, we absolutely loved this, so calm and serene. The colours and the details are beautiful, im glad we got to ride it.

We headed over to Africa to ride the Safari before the first Lion King show but it was 45 minutes already! So we decided to share a Mickey Pretzel and gooey cheese and a cupcake for breakfast. Both were amazing, one really really salt and one super sweet- the perfect combo!

We went to get in the queue for Festival Of The Lion King and the show began at 10.00am. This show blew me away, it felt like the first time i was seeing it and i may have cried at "Can You Feel The Love Tonight". I think this is the best show at Disney by far. My African lion loved it too. We got lots of compliments from cast members on our Lion King tshirts.

We walked round to the Tree Of Life to meet Pocahontas. This is such a beautiful area with all the waterfalls and to be able to get so close to the animal carvings on the tree. Pocahontas was really cool- she liked the paintings on our arms and said she needed to get John Smith to paint the colours of the wind on her.

We headed over to Pandora to ride Flight of Passage and once again it took our breath away. I wish we had got more fastpasses for this but i am lucky we got to ride it twice. It really is such a wonderful experience- there is no other ride like it. We took some pictures in Pandora and had a look round again before heading to Satuli Canteen for lunch. We ordered shrimp with noodles and garlic and herb sauce, beef with potato hash and (i think) chimichurri sauce, the blueberry cheesecake and 2 x blue sangria. This and Be Our Guest are by far the best use of QS credits. The food was absolutely stunning and decent sized portions too. We really enjoyed this lunch.

We headed over to Dinosaur and then Everest to do our fastpasses and both were again a lot of fun. Brett is definitely loving the rides now.

We walked back to Dinoland to meet Scrooge as we had missed him on the last visit. He was brilliant, he wanted to inspect our wedding rings and he seemed impressed.

We walked back over to Africa to try and catch the band. They dragged Brett upto dance in front of the stage and he was loving it. Next up was the African football stunt team and they also had Brett involved in the whole show. I loved watching him dancing and doing the football tricks. It was a lot of fun and really clever. We loved both shows and stayed ages watching them. A group of older ladies were very taken with Brett's dancing and it turns out they were African too- they said they thought they recognised the moves as all Africans can shake their hips.

We went to Asia next to watch the Up Bird Adventure, picking up a chocolate and vanilla soft swirl icecream. It was huge and very delicious!

The bird show was really good- they flew really close to our heads as we were sat at the edge where they landed. I like the introduction of the Up characters and thought it was really well put together.

We missed Safari Mickey and Minnie on our last visit so we went to see them now as it was only 15 minute wait. I told Mickey he was going to be my next tattoo as i was missing Animal Kingdom from my arm and he was happy to hear that. They were both great fun and we got some cute pictures even though the photopass photographer didnt seem interested in what he was doing.

We decided to head out now as we had a date with some dwarves. I changed into my dwarf tshirt and dwarf Toms and we headed over to the Wilderness Lodge. We were told that they were running 30 minutes behind so we went to the Territory Lounge for a cocktail. We had just got our Raspberry Mojito and Cold Brew when our pager started going off! We took the drinks with us and drank them in the corridor as our table still wasnt ready when we got to Artist Point. We were seated and given the storybook menu to look through. The appetisers are three mini ones- shrimp, charcuterie and mushroom bisque. You get a choice of entree each and then three mini desserts gooseberry pie, a Dopey themed cupcake and poison apple. We ordered a cocktail each- Evil To The Core for Brett and Poison Apple for me. These were really good- mine was really sweet and Bretts a little bit stronger.

The appetisers came out and were placed on the tree in the middle of the table. They were all delicious but my favourite was the bisque- so creamy and rich!

My entree was the Pork Shank- the meat was so soft and tender it really did just fall off the bone. The mashed potato, sauce and veg were all delicious, very wintery and perfectly suited to the woodland theme they were trying to create. Brett had the Land and Sea which was a combination of steak and seafood options such as mussells and clams. This was also another amazing dish and cooked to perfection

I was so full now but tried a little of each of the desserts. I think the pie was my favourite with the meringue topping. The cupcake was cute and really sweet. The apple was tart but sweet. I was really impressed with the food for only 1 TS credit.

We also got a gift from the Hunter of chocolate hearts and sticky toffee popcorn.

I had another cocktail- the Antidote and our server didnt charge us for this.

The characters were a little quick getting round everyone but still great fun. Snow White is probably my favourite princess and she loved my outfit. Dopey was very silly and took a shining to Brett. Grumpy was perfect, i told him he was my favourite and he patted me on the shoulder haha.

On the way out we met the Evil Queen and she was amazing. She turned her nose up at us and said she hated my tshirt as it was full of them little men, she said Dopey was the least annoying as he doesnt talk. Brett told her she should smile more and she said why would she possibly want to do that when it causes wrinkles. She was a really good meet, i think the villains have that extra edge with the interaction.

We had a little look around the lobby again and got an Uber back to AKL. We really were having the best honeymoon with so many amazing jam-packed days followed by fantastic food.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day and another brilliant meal

Joan
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fun filled day! 👍🏻
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Brilliant day again. Loved that Brett got so involved.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day and another brilliant meal

Joan
Thank you, we did really well with our choice of ADRs, we want to try new places next time so i hope we do as good

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Another fun filled day! 👍🏻
It was amazing

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Brilliant day again. Loved that Brett got so involved.
I genuinely think he loves Disney more than me now haha

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

We are due to go out at the beginning of august and thought we had sorted our ADRs until we saw your report about the dwarfs..

So as a result we may have to change one of our ADRs...or maybe plan to go bak again

I think I know which I prefer!

Thanks for the effort you put in...

BBx
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
We are due to go out at the beginning of august and thought we had sorted our ADRs until we saw your report about the dwarfs..

So as a result we may have to change one of our ADRs...or maybe plan to go bak again

I think I know which I prefer!

Thanks for the effort you put in...

BBx
Definitely go back haha we want to do next may but to be able to afford deluxe again i think realistically it will be may 2021 first world problems! If you can fit this in in august do it as i can totally see them changing it to a 2TS credit eventually. It is a lot of fun and great food plus rare characters

2021- London

Old 2 Jun 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Oh I love your dwarf t-shirt. Do you mind saying where you got from?
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
Oh I love your dwarf t-shirt. Do you mind saying where you got from?
A company called Lularoe, they are American and only make so many items in each print, the clothes are hard to find in the UK, i only know of one UK seller on facebook now which is annoying as they do a lot of Disney

2021- London

Old 2 Jun 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
A company called Lularoe, they are American and only make so many items in each print, the clothes are hard to find in the UK, i only know of one UK seller on facebook now which is annoying as they do a lot of Disney
Thank you
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List