Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Jun 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile Sunflower lanyard, getting off the plane

Hello! We are hoping to get a sunflower lanyard when we fly due to my youngest having asd and spd. I know this will mean that we can board the plane first if we choose, but does it also mean we can leave first too? I'm asking because I've booked seats at the back of the plane and in another thread it says about being the last off. I don't think she would cope very well with this, so if we aren't able to leave before alot of people then I can move our seats!
Thank You! 😊
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

It doesn't give you first chance to leave the plane as they have to let the plane empty as it fills if that makes sense so those nearest the area where the plane filled will be the first off (usually first or premium). Also if you have any assistance booked - such as a wheelchair - they request you wait to be the last off the plane.
Old 1 Jun 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wait til last. My asd son had a sensory meltdown.. its tight in those corridors and an extra 10mins makes no difference..
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Great, thank you! I wasn't expecting the answer to be they let you off first because logistically it doesn't work - but it's good to have that confirmed so thank you!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
1weetwood
New Poster (4)

If you sit in the bubble then you get off first. There is an assistance lane for wheelchairs (@ passport control) and we use this, although don’t be surprised if the staff shout at you that the line is for assistance only. I politely told them my son has asd and they said ok.
1weetwood is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1weetwood View Post
If you sit in the bubble then you get off first. There is an assistance lane for wheelchairs (@ passport control) and we use this, although don’t be surprised if the staff shout at you that the line is for assistance only. I politely told them my son has asd and they said ok.
Currently MCO is intermittently using the wheelchair lane so sometimes they don't have it open. This is what I've read on here mind so not first hand experience on this but something to take into account