Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jun 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Fast Pass and Busy Day Guide Strategy!

We are going to WDW in August and will be at the parks from 21st-29th.

Obviously the opening of Galaxy's Edge on our last day will make it so much busier than we were first expecting, coupled with the first day of Food and Wine at Epcot.

Our FP booking opens on Saturday 22nd June.

We have not been for a few years and I have been busy trying to work out which parks to go to using the Busy Day Guide and the then which FP to try for.

We are staying on site for the entire time we are at the parks (even though we are at a different Disney hotel on the last night) and I believe I should be able to book at FP for the whole trip.

Is it best to book the first day first or start at the end and work to back to the start? What advantage does this give you?

Does anyone use the Busy Day Guide that is on here? Does it seem accurate?

If you were unable to get a FP that you really wanted (such as FOP), would you change the day you were planning on going?

Obviously it is going to be heaving in Epcot on the 29th and there are no FPs for the ride in Galaxy Edge. Would you go to HS early when it opens at 6am or go to Epcot first?

If there an idiots guide for booking the FPs on the Dibb?

I am so glad I am on the Quick Service Dining Plan, otherwise I would be working it around restaurants too!

Thanks in advance.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

I'm planning to take advantage of the early morning hours at the parks first from the busy day guide.
Then I'll book my 'must have' rides according to my schedule that I've already planned. So, not necessarily 1st day, 2nd day etc. I'll then fill in the gaps depending on the Fp times. Sometimes its better to book the Fps at the end of the holiday 1st, but it depends on what's available. I have 2 laptops going and my mobile so can multitask them! Hope this helps.
Btw we're avoiding HS at the end of August!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

If you want to do GE then get there VERY early. If you go later it is likely you wont be able to get in. It is our last day in Florida that day and there is no way I would go anywhere near it even though I love Star Wars I think the crowds would ruin what would be a very special experience for me.

As for FP's I would look at all the crowd calendars you can and make your mind up from there, just be aware that MK shuts early when MNSSHP is on, although if you have park hopper tickets it is a lot quieter in MK on those days and we did that a lot in our last trip. Once you have an idea, list all your must do's and be aware of tiers in the parks apart from MK. When 60 days arrives get on at 12:00 noon sharp and I would work from the furthest date for the most hard to get rides. So if you were doing Epcot for your last day but AK the day before that I would try and get FOP on the AK first as Epcot's rides are easy to get. The really difficult ones are FOP, Slinky and 7DMT so target those ones first, the further in you go the easier it is to get FPs.

Hope that helps.
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

I think arriving at 6am for SWGE will be too late. I have read reports of people aiming at 2am and even camping out the night before.
We are avoiding HS until WDW actually organises some sort of reservation system/virtual line as without something it will be chaos.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

We arrive 3 days before you and have been using the touring plans busy guide. The dibb busy guide seems to show really busy days every day 😔😔 which is a bit disheartening!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
We arrive 3 days before you and have been using the touring plans busy guide. The dibb busy guide seems to show really busy days every day 😔😔 which is a bit disheartening!
Touring plans are suggesting between 1-5 crowds for when we are there so shouldn't be too bad at all. Of course this year could be completely skewed due to GE with some now coming, some avoiding and some changing Sept trips to Aug. Who really knows?
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

If I can't get a particular FP for a day I've booked a park which contains that ride I won't change my plans. I've booked ADRs and I'm not going to change them. EG, if I can't get FOP on either of my AK days then so be it - it's just a ride, a brilliant one but still just a ride.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
If I can't get a particular FP for a day I've booked a park which contains that ride I won't change my plans. I've booked ADRs and I'm not going to change them. EG, if I can't get FOP on either of my AK days then so be it - it's just a ride, a brilliant one but still just a ride.
100% agree with this. Unpopular opinion, not sure if it's because I play a lot of games but I though FOP was overrated, just couldn't feel the immersion, it's still good though but didn't blow me away.
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Thanks everyone.

I am not a huge Star Wars fan, but just love the detail that Disney put into things, so would like to see the land, even if I have no chance of getting on a ride. By the sounds of it though I will have no chance of that unless I get there at the crack of dawn!

I agree about not changing the park you have planned if you can't get a FP, although we haven't got ADRs, so easier to change if we want to.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

If you have hopper option you can always do the ride before or after you go to the park of choice.
I do think sticking to a ridged plan sounds a bit strange unless you really have to stick to a hard to get ADR or an event booked, it helps to always be a bit felixble
I have always used the busy day guide and its always worked well for me.
There is also a fast past calendar that shows you the rides up to 100 days availabliy which I'm going to use this year, I'll see if I can post thd link ☺
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List