Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Jun 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo further toll charges

We got home 11/4 then on 27/4 Alamo took the toll charge form my card. They even supplied me with an invoice too.
Skip forward to today, they charge a further $8.20 to my Monzo card?
I have emailed them but had no reply yet. I have also lodge for a reversal with Monzo too. anyone else heard of this?
A mate who returned home before us also got hit with $22 charge today too?
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Assume you mean the Monzo card was debited twice?

It's fairly common for toll charges to hit your account in more than one transaction. Apart from the Alamo admin fee Sunpass sometimes invoice Alamo for the actual toll charge on different days so Alamo can be later invoicing you.

Does the total cost exceed what you expected? If you used the Sunpass on say five days then the Alamo fee would be $19.75 plus the actual toll charges.

Mick
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been billed twice before, but it was legitimate.
As mick says, I think Sunpass have billing periods. So if your toll activity straddles two periods, you’ll get two separate charges.
The overall total should be correct though.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yes - I have had the same from Avis - toll billing in 2 periods - but they were correct - it's hard to know what you are racking up though
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
We got home 11/4 then on 27/4 Alamo took the toll charge form my card. They even supplied me with an invoice too.
Skip forward to today, they charge a further $8.20 to my Monzo card?
I have emailed them but had no reply yet. I have also lodge for a reversal with Monzo too. anyone else heard of this?
A mate who returned home before us also got hit with $22 charge today too?
You can check your Alamo toll charges HERE

The live chat is really good too, I went 3 or 4 minutes into a new tolling day and they charged me another admin fee but live chat sorted it and gave me a refund of the 2nd charge.
pompeyboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

OP was your card charged twice the same amount ? or were you charged for 2 different amounts ?

toll roads are operated by several authorities who bill alamo under their own schedule, and if you used tolls at the beginning and at the end of your stay, chances are the tols were used over 2 or 3 billing cycles

Alamo will charge tolls as the are billed to them. You can be billed in 1, 2 or even more times. This is normal
you can check your toll usage here : htallc/en/invoice/search select alamo and enter your rental number or CC used for the rental

you'll see the charges, and chances are you'll see different billing dates

so before you lodge a reversal with your CC company, make sure those charges are not legit

Ir's absolutely normal and commonplace, for the tolls to hit your CC in separate "waves", the longer you stay, the more separate invoices you get (check them through the link I gave above)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

So yeah, there is a second statement. I've confirmed with my google timeline I was in those places too!
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

last Boston trip I received the admin charges on one bill and tolls on next.
So can be common.
Good all was Ok.
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
So yeah, there is a second statement. I've confirmed with my google timeline I was in those places too!
Wow Big Brother! Can I ask what Google timeline is please.

Edit. Just Googled it. My God I am being followed.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:30 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
If you have a Garmin sat nav - you can also use it to track exactly where you have been. Use it with Basecamp.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List