Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jun 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
It depends if you think you'll spend time in the hotel during happy hour. For us it's not worth it as we always have to have Cinnabon for breakfast (YUM!) and we're always in the parks when the free drinks are out. No way I would give up park time to come back for a free drink.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Agreed, we hardly spend enough time in the hotel to justify it as it is. Just a swim and bed. It's all about the FOLP for us!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybecks
New Poster (5)

Mobile

We did this last year and are doing it again in August and it’s fab. An added perk for me was that you go through security outside your hotel (before you get on the boat) which is much quicker and less stressful then the main security after the parking lot! 👍🏻
Disneybecks is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lockster
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Just back at our Villa tonight and must say this was definitely the best tip we got before travelling. Stayed one night in the RPH checked in early yesterday and used the early opening. There was a large storm yesterday afternoon so it was great to be able to go back to the hotel for a couple of hours and then go back out when the rain had stopped rested and ready to go again. We didn’t need to use early opening today and still got everything done and ready to leave by 6 pm having done most of the good rides twice and The Hulk four times! I did feel a little guilty seeing people in the normal queues for over a hour and us just walking past them pretty much straight to the front. We didn’t have to wait more than 15 minutes for any ride including both Harry Potter ones. We are two adults and two teenage boys 17 and 15 so the one room was a squeeze but fine for one night. Would highly recommend this option.
Lockster is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sharpers42
Trying for More Ears

It is absolutely worth it. Last trip we booked one night in the middle of our Disney stay. We walked onto most rides multiple times, and the normal queues were huge. This August we have booked a few nights in addition to our Disney stay. The hotels are top drawer too!
sharpers42 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lockster View Post
I did feel a little guilty seeing people in the normal queues for over a hour and us just walking past them pretty much straight to the front.
I know what you mean but you shouldn't do - you've paid for the privilege, after all!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicolala
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Lockster View Post
Just back at our Villa tonight and must say this was definitely the best tip we got before travelling. Stayed one night in the RPH checked in early yesterday and used the early opening. There was a large storm yesterday afternoon so it was great to be able to go back to the hotel for a couple of hours and then go back out when the rain had stopped rested and ready to go again. We didn’t need to use early opening today and still got everything done and ready to leave by 6 pm having done most of the good rides twice and The Hulk four times! I did feel a little guilty seeing people in the normal queues for over a hour and us just walking past them pretty much straight to the front. We didn’t have to wait more than 15 minutes for any ride including both Harry Potter ones. We are two adults and two teenage boys 17 and 15 so the one room was a squeeze but fine for one night. Would highly recommend this option.
Wow Lockster, you managed to ride all rides and multiple times too! Really hope we'll be as lucky in August. I'd just be happy to ride all the rides once without having to wait in long hot queues. Hope you're having a lovely holiday.
Nicolala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nicolala View Post
Wow Lockster, you managed to ride all rides and multiple times too! Really hope we'll be as lucky in August.
We always go in August and have multiple rides. We do full days though, usually park opening to park close. But if you've got the energy it can certainly be done!
Old 12 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
We have done this a few times. started off doing one night and then two but as i was 50 in May, my friend and i are doing our whole second week at HRH !

I cant wait.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DYNAMO
Earning More Ears

Hi
Who do people use to book their one night at the Universal hotel?

Just checked Travelbag who seem to be around £35 cheaper per room than others but its not clear if the price includes local tax. Price for 1n in July is around £320 compared to £355 through Hotels.com
Need two rooms so trying to save the £70+.
DYNAMO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List