Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Manchester airport - to book a lounge or not?

First time travelling via Manchester.

Would you book a lounge or not?
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

we do every time relaxing before flight we use escape lounge T2 manchester love it for 21 quid cant go wrong
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
we do every time relaxing before flight we use escape lounge T2 manchester love it for 21 quid cant go wrong
We are flying TC from terminal 1.

Are the terminals adjoined or would we be better booking a terminal 1 lounge?

No idea of the size/scale of the airport!
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aj26392 View Post
We are flying TC from terminal 1.

Are the terminals adjoined or would we be better booking a terminal 1 lounge?

No idea of the size/scale of the airport!
We do every time but I do find it expensive to get some peace in terminal 2.

HOWEVER terminal 1 is even more full of kids and much louder so I would definitely book one in T1 (the escape lounge there is nice)

and yep you should book the lounge at the terminal you fly from, so T1 in your case.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemelos
Trying for More Ears

Hi,

We use the Escape Lounge in Terminal one ( we also fly with Thomas Cook) . It’s a nice relaxing start to the holiday so we like to book it and have some food and a few coffees etc. It’s not essential but if the budget allows then go for it. If you’d like a couple of alcoholic drinks In the airport then it’s definitely worth the money. 😊
Gemelos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Interested in comments on this thread.

We fly early Sept and no V-Room this time. Looked at booking Escape/Spire last week but Trip Advisor reviews put me off totally.
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We always book a lounge now, love the fact that we don't have to try and find somewhere to eat and we can relax. I used to get left with the bags and couldn't budge from where I was, while others went looking round. Now we can all relax and each couple take it in turns to go off. We have used both Escape and Aspire lounges, I prefer Aspire because you can see the planes and large windows.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are flying TC from T1 and have booked the adults only 1903 which includes fastrack security and the breakfast looks good; we also found a discount code for £5 off: Relax5. T1 has an Escape lounge and Aspire lounge too.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

If it's your first time at that airport, I'd say no, take the time to explore, see what's there, and people watch.

Subsequent trips, unless you find a restaurant you really like, then got for it!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

After years of flying from T2 we flew T1 from Manchester in April and could not believe how overcrowded and noisy the terminal was. There is limited seating other than at the gates and this is mostly in a dark food court, the whole place lacks natural lighting and is more like an indoor shopping centre from the 80's. If you like peace and space to sit and relax before your flight from T1 I would think a lounge is a very good investment!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List