Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Jun 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Upgrading to Park Hoppers

I assumed all tickets were park hopping tickets and my (very rough) plans have assumed them as being hoppers as well. If I'm going to get the best out of this 10 day stay (4 days universal) then I'd like to upgrade.

Would you agree that this is a good idea?
Do you know how much this would cost me?
How do I go about it?

Thanks!
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

I didn't know that you could "upgrade" tickets, I thought they are just different tickets.

You have a few different threads, but from what I can piece together, you are staying onsite and have booked through Thomas Cook? I am therefore baffled as to why they didn't acquire the 14 day Ultimate tickets for you which most UK guests going for 10-14 days would have.

Or did you buy the tickets from elsewhere?

If you bought from TC, I would go back to them and tell them they appear to have arranged the wrong tickets for you. I'm feeling on your behalf.

Edited to add: Ok I just did a search and found this so you can upgrade and will need to do it when you are there. I found elsewhere a price of $75 per ticket for a 4-10 day ticket. But I would still want to know why TC bought you base tickets not ultimates.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...icket-upgrade/

Edited at 07:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

it's unclear if you're asking for disney (you say hopper) or universal (you say 4 days universal)

for disney, go to a ticket booth, on your first visit, and ask to upgrade to hopper
hopper option costs $60 per ticket for multiday ticket

for universal,chec (at guest relations) ask to upgrade to park to park, you'll pay the difference between the value of your ticket and the value of the same ticket with park to park
check on universal website, the value of your ticket, and the value of the park to park ticket. You'll pay the difference to upgrade.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Claudette - thanks so much for answering. Yes, I bought the entire package with TC and in my booking form it says "Disneys 14 For 7 Ultimate Ticket With Memory Maker".

I telephoned My Disney App helpline earlier and, after reading about park hopping, I asked the lady on the phone and she said that I DIDN'T have this type of ticket.

Confused.

I also must congratulate you on your patient search - you can see that I'm a complete and utter naïve-novice-newbie who hasn't a clue what she's doing! I have asked LOTS of questions on many threads I'm learning lots but misunderstandings like this don't help.

Edited at 09:31 PM.
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Thanks chmurf - I mean for WDW. To be honest, I've not even tackled the plans for Universal yet - my head is exploding just researching WDW.
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post
Claudette - thanks so much for answering. Yes, I bought the entire package with TC and in my booking form it says "Disneys 14 For 7 Ultimate Ticket With Memory Maker".

I telephoned My Disney App helpline earlier and, after reading about park hopping, I asked the lady on the phone and she said that I DIDN'T have this type of ticket.

Confused.

I also must congratulate you on your patient search - you can see that I'm a complete and utter naïve-novice-newbie who hasn't a clue what she's doing! I have asked LOTS of questions on many threads I'm learning lots but misunderstandings like this don't help.
Disneys 14 For 7 Ultimate Ticket With Memory Maker should have park hoping.
If your ticket does not show as a 14 day ticket but your booking says Disneys 14 For 7 Ultimate Ticket With Memory Maker then you are not getting the ticket you paid for

However Thomas cook only advertise the Ultimate ticket for sale
thomascook/holidays/...esort/tickets/

Have you linked your tickets to your Mydisney account ?
What do they show as ?

Edited at 10:30 PM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

I think you have already got park hopper included. We always have these tickets and often go park to park xxx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post

Confused.

Ok. Well that sounds more like it, I was incredulous that TC would not purchase 14 day ultimate tickets. Now go to the app or the website, go to the tickets area and read what it says. Mine clearly states that I have 14 day ultimate tickets. What does yours say?

If it says 14 day ultimate then I would just forget about what person on phone said, she maybe was not familiar with the ticket as it is (UK) guests only and we make up a minuscule proportion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

I've double checked (tried to attach screenshot but failed) and it says "14-Day Disney's Ultimate Ticket (with Memory Maker for Adult ticket only)" assigned to every member of our party.

What you say makes sense to me Claudette, so I'm going to push on as normal today. FP window opens later - nervous!
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Well technically you don't have a "Hopper" you have an "Ultimate" Semantics I know but rest assured you have "Hopping" privileges on an Ultimate
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List