Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Jun 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

how/ where to book an internal flight ?

we are looking to break our florida trip up with a short 4 night stay over in Memphis

i can get a hotel/ flight package with Expedia but i am wary of them as i've booked a trip with them ages ago and when we arrived the hotel didn't have our booking

so my next thought is to go diy and book the flight and hotel separately

has anyone done this and if so any hints and tips please ?

i can already see delta flights and american airlines but is there anything more budget friendly like our easyjet type of airline

thanks in advance
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NiPsTeR
Excited about Disney

we always book on expedia or kayak and never had a problem, southwest are good on prices just not sure of destination but worth a search
Holiday of a lifetime - 2005,2006,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012..Honeymoon in 2013!, 2014, 2015, 2016, Christmas Time 2017, Apr 2018, Oct 2018, May 2022, April 2023, Soon be there in April 2024, Back in July 2024!
NiPsTeR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

we booked direct with southwest for an internal flight at easter & they were really good- service fab,we unexpectedly got a drink & snacks for free, plus their prices include hold luggage for free which is really useful if u r on hols from uk. apparently they were what budget airlines like Ryanair were modelled on ..however certain airlines obviously forgot to copy the good service element!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Another vote for SouthWest , really good , booking the earlier the better for the cheapest fare but will almost certainly have sales on all the major US holiday weekends. I'm signed up for emails from them so usually get the alerts for them.
They have an excellent onetime record .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Google flights works well for us. lots of tools that are useful in selecting the best value days to travel. having found the flight, I then compare against all the above mentioned as well as the airlines own site.

Don't forget to look at the luggage rules and allowances before buying!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another recommendation for southwest

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Southwest and Jet Blue are the two discount airlines I use. Both are very reasonably priced and have excellent customer service.

You need to book Southwest through their own website. They do not participate in any of the travel sites. My DD just booked a trip in September with their current sale.

Some people don't like Southwest's open seating. You can pay for early bird check in but in many, many trips on Southwest, even as a family of 5, we never had trouble getting seats together.

Jetblue charges for hold luggage ($25.00 a bag each way) but you do get assigned seats, free television and wifi, and a snack (Blue potato chips are excellent.)

I have never flown on any other discount airlines but my family has. Some will nickel and dime you to death-you need to pay for everything-seats, bags, etc.

Both Jet blue and Southwest are very comfortable. And Jet blue has bigger than average seats.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

thank you all for your help

it is very much appreciated
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Bear in mind just like Ryanair, South West and JetBlue don't release seats a year ahead but in blocks several months ahead so don't panic if you can't see anything for your dates if looking way ahead , just put in a closer date to get an idea of schedules and prices.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List