Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Jun 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Upgrading Ultimate to annual

We have a trip booked for September with 14 day ultimate tickets, it was booked directly with Disney, a resort and ticket booking but no dining plan as it was booked outside the offer period.

We are now thinking that we might go back in April, I am not too bothered about getting a dining plan, I have a major birthday in April and the Easter blackout periods make it difficult. So I am thinking of upgrading my September ultimate tickets to annual tickets.

I have no idea how to go about this though. Is it something I could do now or do I need to wait until I get there? I have read that the price is the difference between ultimate ticket price and the annual ticket price, so not that much, is that correct?

Also if we have annual passes, how do fast passes work? Is it still 30 days offsite and 60 days onsite? (I will have a few nights offsite).

Edited at 03:19 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you can't upgrade until you're there

at the guest relatiuons or ticket booth, you'll be quoted a price for upgrade

if you've used (or want to keep) waterparks you'll need to upgrade to plantinum plus (over $950)

the price of your upgrade will be determined at the time of upgrade. You can only get inspiration from others' reports, but that won't give you the price you'll be offerd. (If not happy with the price, ask at another park, it may be better)

if you need to upgrade to platinum plus, you may look at paying $500 per person for the upgrade

when in florida, keep in mind what it will cost to buy a ticket for next visit. Consider free parking at the parks (not at hotels) and discounts
and be sure to be able to return within 1 year (from first use of the ticket you want to upgrade)

for this year's visit, you will keep your FP+ as they were made with your ticket
but for next visit, with AP you will only be able to select 7 days worth of FP+
you will be able to make this selections 30 days ahead (or 60 if staying onsite) but you may not hold more than 7 days worth of FP+ in any 30 days period
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
you can't upgrade until you're there

at the guest relatiuons or ticket booth, you'll be quoted a price for upgrade

if you've used (or want to keep) waterparks you'll need to upgrade to plantinum plus (over $950)

the price of your upgrade will be determined at the time of upgrade. You can only get inspiration from others' reports, but that won't give you the price you'll be offerd. (If not happy with the price, ask at another park, it may be better)

if you need to upgrade to platinum plus, you may look at paying $500 per person for the upgrade

when in florida, keep in mind what it will cost to buy a ticket for next visit. Consider free parking at the parks (not at hotels) and discounts
and be sure to be able to return within 1 year (from first use of the ticket you want to upgrade)

for this year's visit, you will keep your FP+ as they were made with your ticket
you will be able to make this selections 30 days ahead (or 60 if staying onsite) but you may not hold more than 7 days worth of FP+ in any 30 days period
Thank you so much. It gets complex! We will not hire a car so parking is not an issue, we will be offsite for a couple of days but at a hotel that has Disney benefits (Four Seasons seeing as though I turn 50) which I think includes 60 day FP booking so I think we are ok.
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Thank you so much. It gets complex! We will not hire a car so parking is not an issue, we will be offsite for a couple of days but at a hotel that has Disney benefits (Four Seasons seeing as though I turn 50) which I think includes 60 day FP booking so I think we are ok.
It would also give you the opportunity to purchase a Tables In Wonderland Card for $150 giving you 'free tips' for both holidays at TS places (Capa included but not Ravello) if you do the upgrade on arrival.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
It would also give you the opportunity to purchase a Tables In Wonderland Card for $150 giving you 'free tips' for both holidays at TS places (Capa included but not Ravello) if you do the upgrade on arrival.
Thank you, I shall look into that. I don't know anything about TIW card but have seen it mentioned.
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Thank you, I shall look into that. I don't know anything about TIW card but have seen it mentioned.
It's open to AP holders, DVC Members and Florida residents. It costs $150 from guest relations and gives you 20% discounts on all food and drink including alcohol at virtually all WDW TS places and some CS at resorts. An 18% tip is then auto applied so you get free tips and a couple of % discount effectively.

Benefits
Enjoy an array of benefits with your Tables in Wonderland membership. Benefits include:

A 20% discount offered on food and beverage, including alcohol, at over 100 participating restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort (discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests including the member)
Special dining offers
Invitations to special dining events
Complimentary Resort valet and theme park parking for dining purposes

disneyworld.disney.go/en...d-restaurants/

You can save 10% at certain meals with just your AP but this does not include alcohol. We always go for TIW because of our of wine/cocktail consumption at dinner
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I've just checked and the discounts at Four Seasons have now changed - Capa have removed TIW but Ravello now offers AP discount.
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
So by the time I go, I will have all fourteen days of FP booked. If I changed the ticket on first day, would I definitely keep them all. Or would it be wise to wait and upgrade on day 7?

Next April, when I go as AP holder, once I have used three FP on my first day, can I book extras for that day? And when I have finished the day, can I book another day, so I am still only holding 7 days. I will have to be more discerning with my pre selections in the AP world.
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You can hold more than 7 days of FP+ if you stay on site. I'm holding some on every day for 25 days in July.
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
You can hold more than 7 days of FP+ if you stay on site. I'm holding some on every day for 25 days in July.
Great, I will be onsite other than two days at Four Seasons or Waldorf Astoria and a few days when I am off doing something else and won’t need FP.