Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 16 May 13, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Can you post a link to where it says this on their website.

All I can find on there is this

If I have a disabled parking permit, should I bring it with me when I visit Florida

Yes. We will honor any special license plate or parking permit issued to a disabled person by any other state or district subject to the laws of the United States, or by a foreign country that issues disabled parking permits that display the international symbol of accessibility.

After the fiasco with the IDP you would think they would keep their website up to date if this is old info

Kim
Sorry I can't post links on my mobile but it is on the page that comes up first on a search for Florida disabled parking permit. You can read the details of the law from the links in the first post.

This was the original IDP fiasco. I'm done with arguing about it we know and comply with the law what anyone else does is their business.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 13, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loadsapixiedust View Post
Sorry I can't post links on my mobile but it is on the page that comes up first on a search for Florida disabled parking permit. You can read the details of the law from the links in the first post.

This was the original IDP fiasco. I'm done with arguing about it we know and comply with the law what anyone else does is their business.

couldn't agree more
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 13, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Why not just comply with the law and not waste time and energy trying to find "ways around" them. Just because someone gets awy with something does not make it legal or ok. In USA we always try to comply with the law and all it will take is a diligent officer to spoil someones holiday.
I don't think people are trying to find ways around the law but simply enquiring about them...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 13, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

does anyone know how long they take to get back to you when u send email with ur info ,I emailed sam on fri but no word back yet ive only 3 wks to go so bit worried
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 13, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amberspy View Post
does anyone know how long they take to get back to you when u send email with ur info ,I emailed sam on fri but no word back yet ive only 3 wks to go so bit worried
I would ring and check just to make sure all is ok
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 13, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
spestell
Excited about Disney

This is the first trip that we have had to apply for the temp permit, managed without it in 2009 as we only used our blue badge for the parks and did not use disabled bays out side of them. This year we decided to apply and it couldn't have been easier. I emailed Samantha, she replied within an hour and asked us to phone to make payment. We did this, she was very helpful and said that they would send it out in about a month as we were applying well in advance. We go in 5 weeks and it arrived this morning. Very efficient. Cost $15.98 paid by Amex no probs
spestell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 13, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by petetina View Post
I would ring and check just to make sure all is ok
Still can't get through to Samantha via email been a week and cant get through on phone
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 13, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Still can't get through to Samantha via email been a week and cant get through on phone
Still no reply .maybe she on holiday
Old 27 May 13, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Still no reply .maybe she on holiday
I would just try one of the others, we've dealt with them all and they are equally as helpful
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 13, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Going by my dates of travel shall I apply now, I'm flying out on the 21st August. Any advice please. I will be sending it by post, it says it can take up to four weeks. Thanks.