Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SNEAU
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
It was our first time this year (2 adults). We stayed onsite at a value resort. We took a couple of trips up to Universal and it cost between $17 And $19 each way. We also used the Lynx bus to go up to International Drive. Take the No.50 Lynx from the Ticket and Transportation Centre at Disney and ask for a transfer ticket to International Drive. Ask to be put off at Seaworld (or Sea Harbour Drive - someone can correct me) where you wait for the No.8 which takes you up to International Drive. If I recall correctly, it was £4 each for a return ticket. We took $2000 for 2 weeks ate on site, bought souvenirs and still came home with money 😊.
Some good advice with busses will look in to that. Did you have the Disney dining plan or did you buy all food?
SNEAU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

I calculate $100 per day for food and i've never ran out of cash.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SNEAU
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
I calculate $100 per day for food and i've never ran out of cash.
Ah lovely was that per person or for two?
SNEAU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by SNEAU View Post
That’s fantastic! How do you get an iride pass will definitely look into it! I’m looking at getting a prepayment card to put money across and then having a small amount that of cash for things on hand
We just bought ours from the travel desk at our hotel but you can buy them online from ticket sites. You may be able to buy them on the bus, I'm not sure...I think they have a website (on my phone at the moment otherwise I'd find it and link). It was only $2 a journey last time we went without the card so it doesn't break the bank anyway .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oh also, if you're going to places such as Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove there are free shuttles (or were last time we were there!). The Discovery Cove one goes from Seaworld so if you get the trolley there (or hotel shuttle) you can hop on it - we got a taxi and found out about the shuttle the next day lol. Not sure if you need to book. Busch Gardens was free if you had a park ticket and you need to call and book in advance but they have pick up locations down International Drive (last time we got picked up from the CSI place and before that it was from Seaworld)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SNEAU View Post
Ah lovely was that per person or for two?
Two people, although this was for chain restaurants like TGI Bahama Breeze etc. no fine dining and just mains and sometimes deserts no 3 course each time so some days over 100 some under.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SNEAU
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Two people, although this was for chain restaurants like TGI Bahama Breeze etc. no fine dining and just mains and sometimes deserts no 3 course each time so some days over 100 some under.
You have give me hope then! Me and my partner are not fans of fine dining and are very fussy eaters so not a lot on American menus we like
Old 16 Nov 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

If you're on idrive to save money you could use the itrolley or lynx buses, especially if going shopping, seaworld or universal.
For disney from idrive i'd always use uber, this was really cheap for us last time, maybe $12 each way?
We're quite budget eaters but in general never spent more than $100 a day, that's with my boyfriend having a beer with most meals!
We looked at the menus online and got a rough idea of what we'd eat/drink, add tax and tips then use it as a basis and add a bit of a buffer on top xx
Old 16 Nov 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

When my daughter was an undergrad, she had a pre-season riding camp in Florida. I would join her for a cheap Disney vacation. My budget for the two of us was $100./day for everything. Always stayed within budget.

We are not big eaters, even in January it can be hot enough that youlose your appetite. If you are wasting a lot of food, think about splitting meals and getting a side or appetizer to split, too.

Water is importantsogo pick up a case at Walmart, target or a grocery. I pay $4.00 a case or less at home so try to meet that price in Orlando. Sometimes I pay a little more but never more than $6. for 24 bottles. If you drink other things, buy those too. A twelve pack of Coke can be bought for under $3.00.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List