Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky99
Trying for More Ears

Should I wait until Boxing Day?

Evening all,

We have our trip booked for next October where we are having a week at a Disney resort followed by a week in a villa. We haven't booked flights yet. The fights will be on sale as of next week.

Does anyone know if it is it better to wait, are there Boxing Day/new year sales?

Cheers
Kirky99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
Evening all,

We have our trip booked for next October where we are having a week at a Disney resort followed by a week in a villa. We haven't booked flights yet. The fights will be on sale as of next week.

Does anyone know if it is it better to wait, are there Boxing Day/new year sales?

Cheers
There tends not to be. There may be something which "sells" its self as a sale but the best prices will probably be when the flights are released.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just book when you’re happy with the price and don’t look again! I usually have an amount in mind compared to previous years and book it when I’m happy!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
Evening all,

Cheers
We booked in the sale last year (Boxing Day) for this year, leaving next week & then the same holiday after the sale was £700 cheaper. (VH) we are going to leave it till the new year to book this time, after the sale, once bitten etc...
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

For the last 3 years I've booked flights in BA's sale which usually starts before Christmas and runs through till some time in January. I've always managed to get a better deal during their sale. Admittedly the flights are indirect but at the time of year we tend to go they're aren't direct flights from Glasgow anyway.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Old 14 Nov 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I was thinking for my September flights we'd wait til after Christmas but we had agreed we were happy to start in Dublin or Glasgow with an overnight if the price was right even though Gatwick is our closest airport.
In the end we booked almost as soon as the flights came out as we got a great price with a fly drive Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale with flights at £410 direct which has given us a bonus Beach day before hitting Disney. Plus as it's a fly drive it was deposit only which was a bonus.
My advice would be to be clear what is your acceptable price and routes and if you like what you see. Grab it !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

be careful about jumping right when flights are released.
The price can fall after about a week, plus the main airlines do have a December/Jan sale to generate revenue at the quiet time.

I will check BA web site, also Google flights and a coupel of travel agents once I get a target price from BA.

but as has been said, when you are happy with the price DONT keep looking :-)
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

For October this year (we've just returned) the best price I could get was on Boxing Day so my advice would be to wait. Unless you find a great price beforehand of course! We paid £2035 for 2 adults, 1 YA and 1 child. That was direct from LGW to MCO out economy return PE flying October half term. These were booked directly with Virgin Atlantic.

Edited at 11:12 AM.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirky99
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Wow, thank you everyone for your replies. I would prefer to go via Dublin and get the customs out of the way, but she isn’t too keen on that as we have 2 young(ish) kids.

I’ll keep an eye on the prices as they are released.

Thanks again!
Kirky99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We treat Dublin as an extra holiday day and fly early from Stansted , dump the bags at our airport hotel and hop on bus into the city for the day .Itsfar more fun if you treat an ex Euro as an extra bit of holiday rather than a nusience.
Next year is a bit different as we plumped for the direct Fort Lauderdale which is effectively justmoving the enroute city from a European one to a Florida city. We won't bother picking up the car until the next morning . We are spending our last two nights in Vero Beach anyway so it's not any different reallyflying back from Fort Lauderdale , it was about £50 more to fly out to Fort Lauderdale and back Orlando Gatwick (my son is flying out with us but returning earlier so he's booked this way)

Edited at 01:24 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List