Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We were there for the 40th birthday of MK. The actual day was crazy busy and we went for the fireworks at night which were mental but it was only that day that was busy. October is a busy month now anyway so apart from the 1st I don’t think it would make a difference.

We are stuck to school hols now as DS (5) is now in school. We went last 2 weeks in August and doing the same next year. Both him and me and ginger and fair, my daughter is blonde and fair but the heat/temps aren’t a problem. So much air con and time out of the sun makes it manageable.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My eldest is very sensitive to heat to the point that October was hard for her. No way could she do August but good to know that 40th wasn’t too bad
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bermondseybaby View Post
My second time but first time as a family. Was joking about mourning but I’m sure you know what I mean.
I do now, having read your OP, but not just from reading the heading. In recent months there have been several posts from people who've lost close family members just before going, while there, just after returning etc, hence my assumption from the subject heading.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

We went last May for our once in a life time visit, when flying home we were discussing returning in 2 years lol. while we didn't have a plan to return until 2019 Disney blues and 'life' really run me down, my dad had a heart attack which he had tried to play down a few weeks before we went and only a couple of months later lost his leg (diabetic complications), had another heart attack and my sisters mental health was a real drain for my parents. This time last year I felt so low and decided to crunch numbers for when we could afford to go again and came up with early October 2018! We couldn't believe it but the numbers added up even with having a 'buffer' for emergencies so hubby agreed I could book it.
Having it booked before guy fawkes night was ideal as we still got free dining and we got to see local firework display with the warm smug feeling it wasn't as good as Disney but we were going back.
Before even going this time we have been discussing going again in 2021 so we visited a few resorts while there and I've been busy looking into prices to get an idea on costs for different dates and Disney blues are no where near as bad.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love this thread. I’ve just returned also and need a return plan! I’ve done every two years recently and I’m enjoying that because it means that my time there is more relaxed as I’ve done stuff before so can also just chill out. We are taking about a 2020 return. I’m hoping free ddp continues so will opt for October over easter. For me Feb will be potentially too chilly and I can’t do May or Aug as my Mum cannot deal with the Heat.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So glad it’s not us!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Donna2983
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I've just returned with my boyfriend and we've pencilling in October 2021. I agree with others who have said it'll be extra busy but for me, to be there for the 50th anniversary would just be so special
Donna2983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

The weather in October was brilliant, we came back Friday and are missing it so much already. Our possible return date is 2021 but as DD will be in university then October is unlikely. I think we will have to go in main holiday period of July/August but the heat is a big problem then. We went last year at the end of June/beginning of July and it was far too hot. We are going to have to consider all options carefully but whenever we decide, it all seems far too long away now
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Reading back on this thread I see my own post, going back 2021 or 2022.
I have booked with virgin to go aug 2020.

I have recently in December been diagnosed with diabetes which is a shocker. My auntie has her cancer return Christmas Day where the tumours was so bad against stomach and bowle she couldn’t eat and sadly passed away 11th feb. My son lost his job which was part of an apprenticeship with only 5 months left till qualified.

Needed my happy place planning and something to look forward to sooner.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List