Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Recommended Travel Books

Hi all,

Was just wondering what travel books if any people use.

I have used the unofficial guide as well as the Brit guide which are both great. Have others got any recommendations on other Orlando based travel books available
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

TBH, books go out of date so quickly, the internet is generally the best place for information.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I really like the DK books. Lots of information and visually excellent. They are very good to dip into.

You can get a wide range e.g all Florida, Florida for family, Orlando, Top 10 etc.

Edited at 10:05 AM.
tocpe321 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

passporter/guide/ these books get updated constantly so they remain in date and are really good
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that in general, tourist type books have had their day.

The DIBB is a fantastic, constantly updated resource that covers every aspect of Orlando and beyond, whilst pretty much having a live chat section (the forums) due to the very large number of contributors.

As an example, I visited California for the first time at Easter. Whilst I bought a Fodors, I only initially read it for 20 minutes before discarding it. I never even took it with us. The DIBB planned my vacation, gave advice and was a constant source of further,great advice throughout the vacation. I don't think that when traveling to the States, I will ever buy another travel guide.

In addition, so much changes every few years in the Orlando area, that a travel guide will probably be out of date before you even arrive!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I like the Birnbaum Official Walt Disney World book. It has vouchers in the back - I used a few of them when I was there in September and the money I saved was more than the cost of the book.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you all. I totally agree how we get information has changed however part of the planning process is always reading great book.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
Thank you all. I totally agree how we get information has changed however part of the planning process is always reading great book.
For that purpose I've always found the Brits Guide to be very good as it is written with UK visitors in mind.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

This is what I'm reading at the moment ,it's really good ,full of hints and tips 👍
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep. Brits guide and the birnbaum book as mentioned by Andybear are both great. I rate the internet for up to date info, but I just love sitting in bed with a highlighter and thumbing through recommendations . Also I think sometimes the internet is most useful when you actually know what to search for, iyswim 🙂🙃🙂🙃