Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Thomas Cook Man 17th Nov

Hi, we are due to fly next Saturday 17th November. I received an email from TC a few months ago saying we are on the Air Tanker. It says you can download their app. I am not very technical and wondered why we need to do this if there are seat back TV's?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Hi there,
TC have 2 types of Air Tanker I believe but am guessing the one you are getting is the model with no seat back TV, which is why you can download the app to then watch their entertainment options on your own device
Hope that helps

Edited at 09:36 AM.
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the reply. The email says there are seat back tv's which is why I am confused about the need to download the app?
Old 11 Nov 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rosad76 View Post
Thanks for the reply. The email says there are seat back tv's which is why I am confused about the need to download the app?
thomascookairlines/e...r-airlines.jsp

This link lists the differences with the 2 models of airtanker they use and you will also find a link to the app details
May be worth ringing TC just to double check which aircraft you have and download the app to your devices to be on the safe side!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
muddy21
Helping Mickey

I read on a post on here that if you look at the seat plan for your flight. If the very front row is 2-3-2 rather than 2-4-2 that is the air tanker with no seat back ife. The air tankers are all economy no premium seats
muddy21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
thomascookairlines/e...r-airlines.jsp

This link lists the differences with the 2 models of airtanker they use and you will also find a link to the app details
May be worth ringing TC just to double check which aircraft you have and download the app to your devices to be on the safe side!
Thanks for this we are on the one with seat back tv's. Is there any need then for downloading the app?
Old 11 Nov 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rosad76 View Post
Thanks for this we are on the one with seat back tv's. Is there any need then for downloading the app?
We flew on the one with seat back TV and we didn't bother with the app but we did upgrade the entertainment package
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Claret1882
Proud to wear my Ears

No need for the app as it gives you the exact same content as the seat back IFE. We returned on this aircraft last Friday. Basic content is quite limited and costs £5 to upgrade to the full Premium films and tv content.
Claret1882 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List