Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 17, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Sweets and snacks in luggage?

Hi all
Reading some posts that immigration and customs are getting tough on what one can and cannot bring through in one’s luggage when arriving at.MCO.
We are meeting friends from the US whilst in WDW and want to take some of their favourite British sweets and snacks over to them. Things such as Jelly Tots and Frazzles 😂.
I also wondered about taking a Christmas pudding and some mince pies for them.
Would these things be permitted in checked luggage and do we need to declare them on the customs forms?
Grateful for your help and advice, learned Florida peeps 😜😘

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I did wonder about beef suet in pudding and mincemeat but on checking it now seems OK. The sweets etc will be absolutely fine. You must declare any foods on the form. They'll sometimes ask what and you might get a dismissive "We sell that here" but on the whole you will be OK.

Edited at 04:35 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Aww thank you, Geoffa. Great news xx

Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
Hi all
Reading some posts that immigration and customs are getting tough on what one can and cannot bring through in one’s luggage when arriving at.MCO.
We are meeting friends from the US whilst in WDW and want to take some of their favourite British sweets and snacks over to them. Things such as Jelly Tots and Frazzles 😂.
I also wondered about taking a Christmas pudding and some mince pies for them.
Would these things be permitted in checked luggage and do we need to declare them on the customs forms?
Grateful for your help and advice, learned Florida peeps 😜😘
Hiya TB you'll be ok with Christmas pud as dried or cooked fruit in a cake or pudding is fine.

Have you seen Lidl's £11.99 24 month matured 907g pud, plus they are offerring a pack of luxury 4 individual puds that are so light and morish! Had one apiece at ma and pa's!

Bonus TB; Tesco Finest range are offerring a 12 month matured 907g pud that was cheaper than Lidl at £10 now on sale at £6.67. I ran it by hubs and he thinks we should take one for ourselves in Fl... along with Tesco all butter mince pies, on offer at two x 6 pack for £3.

I am smiling as we've never taken puds/mince pies before and it'll depend if they fit in the cabin sized case, perhaps the crumbly mince pies should go in hand luggage to avoid too much bashing around.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

When our ds's were at American universities I got in touch with the powers that be and sent them the recipes I was using for Christmas puddings, cakes and mincemeat and as I was using vegetable suet and butter they were cleared for clearance into Orlando.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all xxx