Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 18, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TGT View Post
In those early days they really weren't sure what they were doing. Lovely now though.
it better be obvious or I'll panic LOL it wasn't easy to get the arrival interview, they sent us round four different places before someone took pity on us and opened up.

So I'm going the global entry line is very very obvious
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
it better be obvious or I'll panic LOL it wasn't easy to get the arrival interview, they sent us round four different places before someone took pity on us and opened up.

So I'm going the global entry line is very very obvious
It is at Newark...not been directly into to Orlando since about 2003!

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
South Roma
Trying for More Ears

I promised to report on our Global Entry interviews, following our recent ‘very interesting’ arrival at Orlando International earlier in the month.

We used Parking Garage C (accessed from the South Exit Road – just follow the signs and stay over to the left for a left-hand turn) which had been recommended as much easier than the other terminal parking facilities. Very quiet there. We tried to park on level 3, but it was full. Level 4 had plenty of spaces and we took the lift down to level 3, just walked through to the APM station and took the shuttle to the terminal.

For anyone who hasn’t used parking garage C yet, it is most impressive. Absolutely ideal if you are meeting someone from a flight. Shuttles are every four minutes and deposit you in the terminal, just alongside where the shuttle from the immigration/customs area arrives.

The Global Entry office is just opposite the ‘Lost and Found’, which is down the aisle at the side of the Ron Jon Surf Shop.

There is a table with a sheet on a clipboard requiring you to ‘sign in’ with your name, time of arrival, time of appointment and reason for visit (tick boxes for GE application, GE renewal or a question).
Our appointments were for 2.15 and we arrived at 1.45, having been strongly advised not to be late. There was only one appointment before ours, at 1.45 and the lady was invited in shortly after our arrival.

There is one bench just outside the door to the office and next to a planter which is just large enough to perch on if the bench is full.
Mrs Southroma and I were invited in just after 2.00 by a very friendly immigration officer who did our interviews together. The office is very tiny with just enough room for a desk and three chairs. The IO explained the GE benefits and only really asked us a couple of questions, which were no more than part of the general conversation we had with him. How often did we visit and why were we seeking GE?

Photographs and fingerprints were taken. Although we had been told to take our UK driving licences they were not needed, just our passports. We had also taken copies of the various emails with the application references but these were not required either. The IO showed us how to place our passports in the GE machines; and there were two examples of the sort of machines that are used.

We were both informed that our applications had been approved and we should expect emails confirming this within 48 hours. We said our thankyous and goodbyes and that was it. The whole thing was very relaxed and took no more than ten minutes for the two of us.

Hope this is of interest to those of you who are planning GE.

John
South Roma is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by South Roma View Post
I promised to report on our Global Entry interviews, following our recent ‘very interesting’ arrival at Orlando International earlier in the month.

We used Parking Garage C (accessed from the South Exit Road – just follow the signs and stay over to the left for a left-hand turn) which had been recommended as much easier than the other terminal parking facilities. Very quiet there. We tried to park on level 3, but it was full. Level 4 had plenty of spaces and we took the lift down to level 3, just walked through to the APM station and took the shuttle to the terminal.

For anyone who hasn’t used parking garage C yet, it is most impressive. Absolutely ideal if you are meeting someone from a flight. Shuttles are every four minutes and deposit you in the terminal, just alongside where the shuttle from the immigration/customs area arrives.

The Global Entry office is just opposite the ‘Lost and Found’, which is down the aisle at the side of the Ron Jon Surf Shop.

There is a table with a sheet on a clipboard requiring you to ‘sign in’ with your name, time of arrival, time of appointment and reason for visit (tick boxes for GE application, GE renewal or a question).
Our appointments were for 2.15 and we arrived at 1.45, having been strongly advised not to be late. There was only one appointment before ours, at 1.45 and the lady was invited in shortly after our arrival.

There is one bench just outside the door to the office and next to a planter which is just large enough to perch on if the bench is full.
Mrs Southroma and I were invited in just after 2.00 by a very friendly immigration officer who did our interviews together. The office is very tiny with just enough room for a desk and three chairs. The IO explained the GE benefits and only really asked us a couple of questions, which were no more than part of the general conversation we had with him. How often did we visit and why were we seeking GE?

Photographs and fingerprints were taken. Although we had been told to take our UK driving licences they were not needed, just our passports. We had also taken copies of the various emails with the application references but these were not required either. The IO showed us how to place our passports in the GE machines; and there were two examples of the sort of machines that are used.

We were both informed that our applications had been approved and we should expect emails confirming this within 48 hours. We said our thankyous and goodbyes and that was it. The whole thing was very relaxed and took no more than ten minutes for the two of us.

Hope this is of interest to those of you who are planning GE.

John
Although this doesn't affect me I think South Roma has given a very good report on what happens if you need to go to MCO for an interview that isn't done on arrival - clear and concise so well done SR.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just jumping on this thread ad considering applying when we go in Sept... But is GE still possible at mco, I read the booths have been taken away and on the TSA website mco wasn't listed only Sandford and miami I think. So is it still possible to have an interview at mco?
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Just jumping on this thread ad considering applying when we go in Sept... But is GE still possible at mco, I read the booths have been taken away and on the TSA website mco wasn't listed only Sandford and miami I think. So is it still possible to have an interview at mco?
We had our interview on arrival in Nov '18. There were no kiosks, we just had to queue to wait to be seen by the officers in the booths. We explained that we had conditional approval and could we have an interview. He called someone over (nobody really seemed to know what the process was) and it took some time for them to get someone who could do it, but there were 2 desks in the middle of the booths where they have specific hardware to do it. The interviews took less than 5 mins each and we were good to go. Make sure you update your details on your homebound flight with your Trusted Traveller Number so you get TSA precheck :-)
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes it is the office was there last week you need to apply before you go
And the approval only last 6 months so don’t do it too early
And make a back up appointment don’t depend on being able to get an
interview on arrival it’s not always possible
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for your answers... so it says it is valid for 5 years so what happens when you get an ESTA every 2 years, will it automatically transfer over? Does it go on passport number?
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Change of esta is fine my passport runs out before my 5years but I just need to transfer it how easily that can be done I'll wait and see
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Change of esta is fine my passport runs out before my 5years but I just need to transfer it how easily that can be done I'll wait and see
Really simple to do I changed mine on the GE website last year, however, I've not used it since. Hopefully they will let me in later this month

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22

Edited at 02:27 PM.
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List