Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Nov 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Thanks TC, leave here next Friday for the Man Airport Premier Inn (Heald Green), fly Sat. We're not beach goers hence red tide isn't such an issue for us but we'd still like to see it disperse for a while - wishful thinking as Nov to Feb is the time of the year it's usually kicking around.
Old 8 Nov 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

For those with FB & planning trips to the likes of Clearwater, St Petes, St Johns Pass, Treasure Island, Madeira Beach etc; have a look at the Pinellas County Environmental News feed.
They post updates on all their beaches each day.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
Ok so my head is a wee bit pickled here. We are heading out to Orlando on 1st December and in all my times visiting I have never been to beach. This year I was planning to nip away from the hubub to have a wee two night stay somewhere and now I am so confused. I have absolutely no preference I just want to sit by a nice beach bar and watch a lovely Florida sunset. What area would I be best looking for a hotel in. I have looked at St Petes and also Clearwater but then considered Sanibel and Treasure Island and I am now birling around in circles. I am looking at 9-11th December or thereabouts. Dates arent fixed because we dont have firm plans for any days yet and we are there 1-22nd Dec.

Thanks to anyone that can help!
Hiya SG - if you're 'open' then follow the link I posted for Meteorologist Bryan Bennett's Gulf map/karenia brevis levels county to county. Also check out what Scooby has posted too. You can then make an area decision you're comfortable with

Have a smashing holiday
Old 8 Nov 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya SG - if you're 'open' then follow the link I posted for Meteorologist Bryan Bennett's Gulf map/karenia brevis levels county to county. Also check out what Scooby has posted too. You can then make an area decision you're comfortable with

Have a smashing holiday
Thanks! Just never been to a beach in all the years I have been to Florida and I don’t want it to be the wrong one!
My work computer system wouldn’t let me open the links. Damn those government firewalls. Will have a wee look now. Thanks and you have a great one too.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

Spent the day on Sanibel Island today (Monday) and it was beautiful. No sign of red tide, no smell just sand, sea and sunshine. Loved it !
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs View Post
Spent the day on Sanibel Island today (Monday) and it was beautiful. No sign of red tide, no smell just sand, sea and sunshine. Loved it !
This is such good news Ninny, ty for the update. We arrive Saturday, friends advise the island is canny with no sign of red tide at the moment, plus the temps are into the 80's... excellent