Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Anyone used TravelTrolley to book flights?

Hi

I have set-up alerts through skyscanner as i want direct Virgin flights from Manchester to MCO for three weeks departing 18th May 2018. Direct with Virgin are currently £2340 for (2 adults and 2 children) however for the same flights Travel Trolley are quoting £2,158. I know it's not a massive difference but every little helps

I've never used Travel Trolley and always booked direct with the airline. I was hoping for £2k for the 4 of us and we're not that far off really. What would you do?

Thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Hi

I have set-up alerts through skyscanner as i want direct Virgin flights from Manchester to MCO for three weeks departing 18th May 2018. Direct with Virgin are currently £2340 for (2 adults and 2 children) however for the same flights Travel Trolley are quoting £2,158. I know it's not a massive difference but every little helps

I've never used Travel Trolley and always booked direct with the airline. I was hoping for £2k for the 4 of us and we're not that far off really. What would you do?

Thanks
My personal experience with them was terrible. Booked 2 seats and then had to call them - long story short they said only the one seat was secured at the advertised price and i had to pay an extra £500! Told we couldn't cancel either. Had to fork out the money or my friend would be flying alone. Threatened to get trading standards involved and eventually got refunded some of the difference.

Searching for Travel Trolley online it seems this happens a lot. Other cases involved people turning up at the airport to discover their tickets were not real. Other people however on here have said they have been fine.

Personally I wouldn't touch with a barge pole!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Used them fine no problem.

You are always going to find more problems online then good reports as people only post when there are problems, thousands will have had no problems.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosmic123
Earning More Ears

We've just recently booked with them for easter next year, the flights were with Virgin, so I called Virgin to pay for pre bookable seats, while on the phone the guy checked over the booking to see if it was all ok. Not flown yet but everything ok so far.
Cosmic123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

booked flights with them this year, everything was ok then flights disappeared so ranf them and after about 2 weeks they came back with different flights but told them no way so eventually after another 2 weeks it got reverted back to original flights which are now ok but wouldn't use again
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much for your replies. Bit of a mixed bag! Think I'll hang fire
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
big_ad
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

They have been great with me. Easy to get hold of with aftersales issues aswell. Will use them again...great price and helpful, what more do you want.
big_ad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Avoid at all costs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List