Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Nov 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
Does anyone know what format the tickets come in?

Are they paper tickets, RFID tickets, can you add them to your MDE/Magic Bands?

Can you book fast passes for the party?

Looks like best price for 19th December is £56 - anyone found anything cheaper?

thanks all
We bought our tickets direct from Disney whilst in the UK and took the paper copies with us but had no need of them, they were already on our magic bands.
You can’t book FP for the party but your party ticket lets you into the park at about 4pm, so you can fit in some FPs before the party begins at 7pm.
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cozzer
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh my goodness. Thanks to you crazy dibbers I've just phoned Disney and booked for the MVMCP on 21st December! Was pretty pricey but tickets weren't available to book anywhere else. It's a one off that we won't do again so we're excited.
Just a couple of questions:
Thinking of just going in at 4pm. Or parking up at 2pm and going on the monorail via GF to check out the gingerbread house. Will car parking be horrendous?
Do you need separate park entry?
Can you book fast passes between 4-7?
Cozzer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bett View Post
Can’t help you too much, we only saw Mary Poppins and Bert, and only because we happened to walk past them. Lighting was awful though.

I don’t think you can FP 7 dwarves. I’ve seen photos of them from a Facebook groups I’m part of. They wore Christmas scarves and hats but nothing too special.
Originally Posted by gazza5 View Post
I think I'm just a scrooge. But I was disappointed. Went on Thurs 16th Nov, queue for food long, rides were only really shorter late on after 10pm but never saw Peter pan below 50 mins, thought the Mickey mouse show at Castle was only OK, found the lighting poor around the park, would I go again not really, although we got tickets through Disney some time ago before the deal for the UK. Did a few characters. Got the genie from aladdin. Waited 45 minutes for that.

Wife who loves Christmas said she wouldn't bother again. For 50 odd quid it's OK. But not the price we paid which I think was nearly 70 each.

We got a cheaper hire car than normal to pay for it. Maybe I'm just bitter as not driving a tahoe. But I would take that over the Xmas party.

We managed to get snow cone, santa cookie, pretzel.

Pretzels and snow cone are near pirates of Caribbean. This had the shortest q for food.
I've decided not to bother now and spend the £120 on goodies instead!

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Our photo looked like this. Quality is probably a bit better than it looks here as I haven’t downloaded yet, this is just a screen shot from my iPad. The line does gets shorter, but that’s because they stop letting people in long before the dwarfs disappear. I don’t know when this happens but we joined the queue at about 6:40 and I would guess there were about 45-60 minutes worth of people behind us when we got our photos at 8:42.

thank you, that's a much better pic than we've ever had but decided we're not going to but tickets now as we're not prepared to wait 2 hours nor risk not being able to join the line and they would be our 'must have' of the party.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
Oh my goodness. Thanks to you crazy dibbers I've just phoned Disney and booked for the MVMCP on 21st December! Was pretty pricey but tickets weren't available to book anywhere else. It's a one off that we won't do again so we're excited.
Just a couple of questions:
Thinking of just going in at 4pm. Or parking up at 2pm and going on the monorail via GF to check out the gingerbread house. Will car parking be horrendous?
Do you need separate park entry?
Can you book fast passes between 4-7?
Not sure what parking will be like that close to Christmas. You would only be allowed to park 3 hours at the GF, and if they are busy not even that without a dining reservation. Separate park entry isn’t required.
Old 21 Nov 17, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We really enjoyed the quieter park on our MVMCP night, even the day was noticeably quieter, only long long queues were for characters. We managed to get on plenty of rides and had a great view of the parade in liberty square and later on Main Street with the 'snow' falling. A lovely lady made sure my youngest had a perfect spot at the front when she saw him. We stood practically in front of the Walt Disney and Micky statue for the fireworks. We didn't bother with cookie stops as we wanted to visit Sleepy Hollow for waffles on our last night 😊 Is it worth it? For us yes as it was our last night and the park really was quieter
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List