Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

I'd be tempted not to book yet and instead wait until Christmas time. Prices can drop on Christmas Day/Boxing Day- it's a ball ache to keep checking but worth it for a good price!
Like others have said too - I'd fly with whoever is the cheapest - as long as you get there, who cares!
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Have booked United with Travelplanners.co.uk indirect LHR NY Tampa. Group of 8, they booked flights, 2 x cars and 1 week 6 bed new villa Championsgate for less than I could find just flights myself. 24 July - 7 Aug. Cheaper to travel on a Tuesday for some reason. Also United don't charge for seat reservations so big saving.

Edited at 10:51 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyTripAgain View Post
Hi all,

Help! - Late decision to do a family trip with my brother and sister and their families to Disney in August - First trip for them but we have been many times but have always booked early and generally direct at a decent price.

So now I'm stuck trying to find flights for 9 people for August school holidays! Been checking the past week and indirect seems the only way given the crazy prices... (two infants ones in our group so would have like to avoid it)

Has anyone flown Air Canada or United recently to get to MCO? What was it like? I've not flown with either before so any insight would be fab!

Also, some decent flights from Dublin, but via LGW with Virgin...but I just want to fly direct from LGW and not take the Dublin leg (or indirect LHR) but the direct flight is way, way more pricey... Any clever booking tips gratefully received!

Thank you!

We love flying Air Canada - probably our fav airline. Flew United earlier this year for first time - thought they were pretty decent. Would fly with them again.
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve flown with United many times over the last few years. Mostly indirect to MCO, via Chicago, Washington and Houston.

United are no better or worse than any other big airline. Seats are comfortable enough with what feels like the standard leg room in economy. We’ve always had TVs and good entertainment (recent released movies) for the long haul portion of our flights.
Air stewards always very nice. Food is plane food... but bearable. We had curry and rice, with a couscous starter and ginger ice cream for dessert which was nice. Snack in the afternoon is usually a hot sandwich/ pretzel roll of some kind e.g. cheese and turkey.

Drinks are a plenty. Always coming around with drinks or bottles of water for you.

We’ve enjoyed our flights with United. Our last flight with them was November 5th. Before that was this summer just gone and we travel with them again in 5 weeks.

Touch wood because I don’t want to tempt fate, but we’ve also been so lucky with our flights. Most have been on-time or even up to 45 minutes early!
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyTripAgain
I want to go now!

Thank you everyone for all your replies! It’s really helpful and sounds as if Air Canada and United are ok if the price is good!

Still looking and it’s around £580/£600 for August 2018 indirect but it seems a few more options/connections have been released so a bit more choice. Also AA indirect prices have dropped a bit too.

Tempted to be brave and hold out in case there is a Nov Black Friday/ pre Christmas sale!

This website is fantastic BTW!
DisneyTripAgain is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyTripAgain View Post
Thank you everyone for all your replies! It’s really helpful and sounds as if Air Canada and United are ok if the price is good!

Still looking and it’s around £580/£600 for August 2018 indirect but it seems a few more options/connections have been released so a bit more choice. Also AA indirect prices have dropped a bit too.

Tempted to be brave and hold out in case there is a Nov Black Friday/ pre Christmas sale!

This website is fantastic BTW!
I booked the last 17 nights in August next year through Charter travel.
got flights with united to Tampa via Newark with 7 seater car for £601. arrive in TPA at 1700
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List