Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Charter travel/virgin no return flight showing

So i posted a while ago stating charter wouldn't give me my flight locator number stating they can't do this untill the 6/9 month mark, so I waited till the appropriate time span from return date and called virgin( special assistance as two in party are disabled).

Virgin brilliant and booked seats for outbound, HOWEVER we are not showing as having a return flight ! I gave virgin the flight times and number and she states no flight on that date at that time and no booking for us! Instructed to call charter

Called charter , worst customer service ever , apparently they don't know, as they haven't had the flight reference number given to them, so politely I told her I have it and could give it to her, to which she said " how do I know that's the correct one"! I said if you use it on the virgin website you can see for yourself, to which she replied well it could change a few times between now and our flight, ummmm never known that in my 25 years of travelling!

So basically being told they will contact their reservations department and look into it! And that they've never seen this before.

Confirmation is showing a return flight but not what virgin says as no record of flight, charter saying I have to wait, and that it's virgins fault

Girl at charter was awful and couldn't understand why I was a little bit unhappy.

Virgin were great

What would you do? Told I will get a call back today but not holding much hope due to the girl not sounding like she had a clue!

First time booking with a ta ,always done diy never again!

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The person you spoke to at charter is sort of correct. As you have booked through an agent they can keep cancelling and re-booking your ticket as often as they want to if it means they can buy the seat cheaper or use it to secure a bulk deal for themselves.

It is one of the potential pitfalls of booking with agents, they are the airlines client not you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

So the fact that I have been given flight details and flight number from charter, but virgin have no record is normal and according to them I have no return flight? Is that really normal ?
Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Spally79
Earning More Ears

Hey, I'm having exactly the same issue with Pillinger Travel, despite promising me flight details in May/June, they still can't confirm them apparently (we are flying out in March)!

I did the same as you and called Virgin and can see the flights online but they are advising not to book seats as Pillinger could change the booking reference and I will lose the seats and money! I am so cross, Pillinger aren't interested. I really wanted 2 x 2 seats for the night flight home and they are now all booked. :angry::angry::angry:
Spally79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You will have a seat it just is being held under a TA code at the moment (so for instance 10 seats for charter travel) this will overtime be converted into a named seat for you, either when you pay in full (because at that point they need to provide the full service you bought) or when the option to hold the seats with the airline expires.

It's the standard way that this business works so not strange at all, but I agree it's bl00dy annoying if it happens to you and you were not expecting it.

You will get what you are expecting but they can book/rebook you many times in the intervening days so as the other poster said the virgin flight locator may change, if you pay for seats against a locator and it is changed the seats are null and void and technically you pay again to reserve
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
So the fact that I have been given flight details and flight number from charter, but virgin have no record is normal and according to them I have no return flight? Is that really normal ?
Jules
Could well be. Charter may have a group booking for the return which Virgin would have no details on. As for flight numbers they do tend to be quite static. Although their T&C's make it very clear they can change airline and times (upto 12 hours is minor) and even use any airport in London for instance (so changing dlight to LHR LGW LCY or STN if on a London booking) all for their commercial conciderations (ie which makes more money for them) .
ButI'm sure charter have it all in hand. They will get you there and back. It is just you are trying to bypass your appointed agent and that is asking for issues. They could for instance change your outbound flight yet and then you would have paid virgin for something that will be lost.
I know it may not be what you want to here but I advise you to read the T&C and use them as your agent for all changes and not just some .
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Spally79 View Post
Hey, I'm having exactly the same issue with Pillinger Travel, despite promising me flight details in May/June, they still can't confirm them apparently (we are flying out in March)
In this case what is likely is that Pillinger have a volume seat offer on hold with Virgin whereby if they sell X seats it will cost them (total example) 600 a seat but if they sell Y seats the price comes down to 560 (note this is the price they buy them at - you have already contracted to buy yours from them - this is about them making more profit)

Once they convert the seats to booked in your name and issued then they have to pay for them, it's likely they are just below the threshold to save some cash so are holding of finalising until either more bookings are taken or VA tell them they can't hold the seats any longer
Old 17 Nov 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Fredflintstone I'm not trying to bypass anybody just nobody at charter seemed to know what they were doing, virgin have been brilliant and have pre-booked seats free of charge and a note made on the booking. I've been advised that I will be given my reference number in Dec/Jan although I've queried I already have that which they have acknowledged will stay the same ! Apparently they will just confirm flight details , seeing as I've already nigh on paid for the whole holiday already.

Just a mess with misinformation given i think , learning curve to always stick to what I know and always do it myself like I've always done in 25 years of travelling
Jules