Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Dec 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

As predicted, we too have now been charged for the sunpass and that first toll out of the airport. I have a receipt showing we paid cash. Credit card and car rental both in DH’s name and his attitude is “oh just pay it and we’ll never use Avis again.” I don’t want to let it lie but as nothing is in my name I’m not sure what I can do :angry:
Old 12 Dec 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
As predicted, we too have now been charged for the sunpass and that first toll out of the airport. I have a receipt showing we paid cash. Credit card and car rental both in DH’s name and his attitude is “oh just pay it and we’ll never use Avis again.” I don’t want to let it lie but as nothing is in my name I’m not sure what I can do :angry:
Do the same as Katie. Into battle you go. Never let the little man lose as big business needs to support us, not the other way around.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Katie. Oh I will win trust me.
Last week - Big lumps of 'compressed' All Bran in the box (Wife's cereal, I hate milk so not for me)
Quick E Mail. Within 48 hours £5 worth of vouchers.

Best was Virgin last August. My Wife and I were quoted £43 to upgrade our PE Miles flight to UC. However the Granddaughters flight was cash and they wanted over £600 to upgrade her.
I rang 5 times and in the end totally confused the Guy on the phone and he upgraded us all for £43 each. Win win!
Originally Posted by katie View Post
Well done you particularly with Virgin. It's easier to confuse people as you get older
and on another note -
I have been getting lumpy bits in the shreddies. I watch for them sprouting legs and crawling away but they don't. I chuck them back in the box till I can get my DH to investigate them but I keep forgetting and they end up in my dish again next day again. Think it's worth an email? About the shreddies I mean - not my bad memory or paranoia that all shapeless lumps grow legs & crawl away.

Katie
I'm very tenacious with car hire unauthorised and borderline fraud charges [my opinion]. I keep at 'em until they damn well resolve and refund, as happened a few years ago. On that occasion we had a two week hire until our own motor was ready and when I spoke to the agent he expressed surprise that we were still in Fl and not back in the UK, yeah, bet you are I thought. Took 5 weeks, and even then they didn't come up with the photo evidence and refunded.

My tenacity is reflected in my favourite cereal, Rice Crispies... I don't have an issue with cereal like you pair. I'm most definitely not a morning person, my Rice Crispies are aware, they don't go snap, crackle and pop, they go 'sshhh, the bitch is coming'
Old 12 Dec 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Do the same as Katie. Into battle you go. Never let the little man lose as big business needs to support us, not the other way around.
Oh I will try, just not sure how far I’ll get as both the booking and the credit card are in DH’s name, so not sure anyone will talk to me and he won’t do it.
Old 12 Dec 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

I didn't actually need to speak to anyone to get the refund. I only rang Avis this morning to vent my disapproval at the length of time and lack of guidance on what to do. The rest was done by email and with an online contact form on the Highways toll website.

Katie

Edited at 07:52 AM.
katie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Thanks Katie, I’m on the case!
Old 12 Dec 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Thanks Katie, I’m on the case!
With your tail sting hornetG you'll have them refunding soonest Go get 'em
Old 13 Dec 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

If you email Avis, be prepared for an initial email saying that it takes 10-15 days to reply and then it really does take about 15 days. The next email should give you a link to go to the Highway tolls website, it also gives you a contract number which you need to get the details of your toll charge. Click the link, go to the tab - statement look up and the details of the toll charge are there. Make a note of your bill number, toll & time then go back to the first page. Go to the tab - contact us and you get various options. Click on the online contact form, write your complaint, quoting that you have a receipt etc. then wait for the reply. Took about 12 hours for me. Hope that helps.

Katie

Edited at 08:00 AM.
katie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Got my toll charge refunded in my account today. A lot of my time and emails which should have been avoided.

Katie
Old 15 Dec 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by katie View Post
Got my toll charge refunded in my account today. A lot of my time and emails which should have been avoided.

Katie
Katie E Mail them back, say thank you and ask when they will be paying you the $19.75 admin fee you charge for the hassle!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List