Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Mar 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Firsts! What attractions, characters and food have you not yet got around to?

I'm thinking about 'firsts' for our holiday this summer. I started off with a list of food we've not had that I'm keen to try and I've come up with an embarrassingly long list of things we've never done. I'm leaving out things that will be new to us because they have only recently opened, as obviously we haven't had a chance to do them yet. I was trying to think about things that have been there all the time and yet we hadn't managed to get around to them.

So, here are some of mine:

ride the ferry boat from TTC to MK
buy a Mickey balloon on Main St
watch the 3pm parade
watch the electrical water pageant
meet Alice and the Mad Hatter
meet Mary Poppins
eat anything from Karamel Kuche
eat a cookie ice cream sandwich
ride on the astro orbiter
wear Minnie ears

I could try to explain how and why we haven't managed to fit in any of these in, but it would all just be feeble excuses .

I'm focussing on the theme parks as it would be way too long to list the things we've not done in the whole of Florida, like go to Kennedy Space Centre, or visit the beach, or take a break from the theme parks .

I'm keen to see what attractions, characters or foods will be firsts for you and that you will be adding to your trips.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

the ferry boat from TTC to MK - or indeed any boat - POR to Springs and Epcot to DHS are on my list
watch the 3pm parade - done
watch the electrical water pageant - ooh yes - the electrical parade was my favourite, I was so disappointed it was cancelled
meet Alice and the Mad Hatter - done, at DLP
meet Mary Poppins - is this possible without a breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fayre? Edit: the answer is yes! UK pavilion at Epcot
eat anything from Karamell Kuche - done
eat a cookie ice cream sandwich - so much choice
ride on the astro orbiter - done
wear Minnie ears - done

I’d add:
Kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream
Tower of Terror
50’s Prime Time
Crazy golf
Typhoon Lagoon

Edited at 01:37 PM.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of things as we have only had one previous Disney visit, and one previous Universal visit. But must do's for our next visit that we haven't done before (excluding the new rides of course) are:

Carousel of Progress
Visiting Boardwalk
Splash Mountain
Expedition Everest (too chicken last time 😀 )
Disney Dining Plan
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by chippyminton View Post
the ferry boat from TTC to MK - or indeed any boat - POR to Springs and Epcot to DHS are on my list
watch the 3pm parade - done
watch the electrical water pageant - ooh yes - the electrical parade was my favourite, I was so disappointed it was cancelled
meet Alice and the Mad Hatter - done, at DLP
meet Mary Poppins - is this possible without a breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fayre? Edit: the answer is yes! UK pavilion at Epcot
eat anything from Karamell Kuche - done
eat a cookie ice cream sandwich - so much choice
ride on the astro orbiter - done
wear Minnie ears - done

I’d add:
Kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream
Tower of Terror
50’s Prime Time
Crazy golf
Typhoon Lagoon
Your list is brilliant and we have 3 of yours on our list for this summer too! Attempting the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream is something I'm keen to try I've got an ADR for our last day... I figure we need the lead in time to get our bellies used to the idea of being stretched!

Also, never done 50s Prime Time as been too worried about the antics, but we have an ADR for this too.

And the mini golf, I think we will do the fantasia gardens course at the Swan and Dolphin. We love crazy golf but we've just never had the time to fit it in, it's silly really as we get it 'free' with our 14 day tickets.

Hope you enjoy ToT and TL both are firm favourites in our household

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Lots of things as we have only had one previous Disney visit, and one previous Universal visit. But must do's for our next visit that we haven't done before (excluding the new rides of course) are:

Carousel of Progress
Visiting Boardwalk
Splash Mountain
Expedition Everest (too chicken last time 😀 )
Disney Dining Plan
Ah, you'll be singing the song from carousel of progress for the rest of the week after you've done it! I love it...theres a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day, there's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

I hope you like splash it's my favourite ride! The first time I went on EE I felt a bit icky after, but I suspect it was more to do with the heat at AK. I'm not wanting to put off as it's a fab ride and I've done it a few times since and been fine.

Old 18 Mar 18, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Weve been a few times now but have never done-

Its a small world
Peter Pans Flight (queue always too long and we always FP other rides)
Hall of Presidents
Phillarmagic

We always stick to our favourites

It was only 2 trips ago (our 5th) that we did Carousel of Progress.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
I've been meaning to try School Bread in EPCOT for a few years now and still haven't got round to it, will have another attempt next month.
The Tiki Room in MK we've never done and to be honest I don't really want to from the descriptions I've read. We did the Country Bear Jamboree for the first time in many visits last year and found it hilarious, will definitely do that again for the laughs.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Mobile

Have been about 14 times but last visit was 2010. So all the new things plus wear Mickey ears. Breakfast at Garden grill. Have an adr. See Easter display at GF. Other things we are doing but never done is Aquatica.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Never worn Mickey ears but no plans to!

Never done but probably should:
Kitchen sink - went to the place in MK but they'd sold out! *sobs*
Soarin - hate Epcot so never go, but probably should, especially now I have a M-F annual pass
Carousel of Progress - don't even know what it is!

I have met Mary Poppins though!

We did go Christmas Day once and just hit those things we'd never done - Mark Twain islandy thing, Swiss Family Robinson and the Tiki Room (there's a reason why we hadn't done that, even though we've done it again since!) - as you can see, remembering the names isn't my forte

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Every time we go we plan to do the World Showcase "properly", exploring every country, looking at their attractions, trying their food etc., but we never have... next time

I would also like to tour the resorts, so far we have only managed a quick look around a small part of POR.

Two relatively new "wants" of mine are to eat at Blaze Pizza, and Chef Art Smiths Homecomin', both at Disney Springs. Still at Disney Springs, if you've read my reports you'll know that I've unsuccessfully tried several times to go up in the balloon, so that's still on the list as well.

Fab list from you Abby, lots there to keep you busy!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List