Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Mar 18, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lawe
VIP Dibber

lawe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
If the child can clear the height requirements then game on!

May 2012, August 2016 Lake Berkley Resort
June 2024 booked back to Lake Berkley
lawe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My 5 year old had mixed feelings. He looked petrified but said he liked it!
Old 23 Mar 18, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by glesgabhoy View Post
Thanks all for the advice! Think we'll show her it and let her decide. She's been on some fairly big rides before and never been scared so fingers crossed!
What's the difference between TOT and the other big rides she has been on ? Are they rides which can be seen from the outside (e.g. thunder mountain but not space mountain?)

Have you thought about showing her YouTube videos ? Not the same as being there but you may get a clue from her reaction
Old 23 Mar 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Our very tall 3 year old rode it in 2016
It was definitely not our intention as we asked to do rider switch but the cm said as he was tall enough he could go in the queue with us and we just switch at the elevator

Well he then insisted he wanted to on. He didn’t hate it, no crying or screaming but didn’t want to go on again

If she is tall enough and wants to go I’d let her
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Took my daughter on the one in Paris when she was 4. She hated it , she said she didn't mind the up bit but not the down She won't even try the one in Florida x and she nearly 7 now
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

As a previous poster said, it depends on your child’s disposition.

My eldest (almost 14 now) has been on it once and hates it - but then he has a vivid imagination so I’m sure used to convince himself things were real whilst on the ride (even though when off the rides he knew perfectly well they weren’t) - he also hates things like The mummy, but is now fine on simple rollercoasters like The Hulk, so it’s definitely the theming that scares him.

My youngest (now 10) is much more laid back and doesn’t overthink things, he has been going on, & loving, tower of terror since he reached the height limit - in fact I believe he was three or four when he first rode it (he’s always been a tall boy!) and I ended up chickening out and went down the service elevator & he and my DH went on instead! How embarrassing - and the worst of it, is I missed out on many fabulous rides on it for years until I finally built up the courage and now love it!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Felstead141
VIP Dibber

Felstead141's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Last year I let my six year old go on any ride he was tall enough for he loved all off them even summit plummet 😬
Felstead141 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida4
Imagineer

Florida4's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
My youngest now 9 was 5 when she went on it - said she wouldn't do it again but was glad she'd done it once lol. My eldest is 16 we have been a few times and she's never been on it. My husband loves it me not so much ha x
Florida4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
yes as they were tall enough and they wanted to, they went on with their dad as i hate the ride
they loves it and go on it every trip
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Our DS was tall enough the year we went and it was 3 weeks before his 4th birthday. He loved it so much we did it 6 times in a row and at nearly 15 now it is still one of his favourites. He is fearless though -the bigger the better when it comes to roller coasters etc so it will depend on your child. Our opinion was that if you don't try you don't know and it's Disney-it's not going to hurt you. Before every new ride we said to him if you don't like it close your eyes and it will be over soon -but he never did. He loves Dinasaur too in AK and did that 3 times-I hate that one! 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List