Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Mar 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Mine won’t even look at the Building. She’s 20!

I’d try them in Haunted Mansion first as the creepy atmosphere is a big a part of the decision as the drops.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Mine did it aged 3 and loved it then and has loved it ever since (he's 12 now).

All children are different - there's only way to find out...
Old 23 Mar 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No I would wait until they're a bit older
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

I know tot is a bit different to rollercoasters, but i'd second the you tube suggestion if there are any videos of it. I cant remember the build up to tot, but if the suggestion is that can be scary, then you might get a idea of reaction to that alone by watching you tube.

Our 10 yr old said she wanted to do absolutely everything Disney/universal/sw and busch. We showed her you tube videos of all the serious coasters, to be sure that she didn't think they looked too much.

We had no trouble on any of them, and a great holiday. I think it gave us confidence to be in a long q/book fast passes, knowing that she knew what to expect and still wanted to do it.

Have a great hols.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You know your own child...
Mine said he'd like to go on it , afterwards he was quiet so I asked him if he'd liked it "Yes but I think I'll leave it a few years before I do it again" And that is exactly what he did !

We did leave it til laterin the holiday as I knew there was a risk if he hated it, it might affect his attitude to other new rides and he'd refuse to ride. He loved everything else though.

Edited at 09:45 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We let our 3 year old ds ride it as he was tall enough.lady behind us was saying how awful we were for taking him on !.guess who was crying at the end of the ride? -her😂😂.he went on another few times that day-loved it and still does now he's 14.you know you child best-my youngest is 4 and I wouldn't take him on but he hates seven dwarfs😀
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

My just turned 5 year old rode this in Disneyland Paris and was screaming her face off by the time we got off. So much so that everyone stayed seated to let us off quickly.

We're going next year and she'll be 8. She's said she'll try again but I'm not sure she will.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
My just turned 5 year old rode this in Disneyland Paris and was screaming her face off by the time we got off. So much so that everyone stayed seated to let us off quickly.

We're going next year and she'll be 8. She's said she'll try again but I'm not sure she will.
I suspect you won't know (if she will ride it) until very close to the time - maybe even in the queue.

Different strokes etc
Old 23 Mar 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I totally agree it depends on the child. My daughter will be nearly 4 when we go and tall enough but ToT is too scary for her I'm sure as 7DMT was a bit much for her last year. She did it twice, hated it both times and said never again. So for us ToT is a no for a couple of years.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I suspect you won't know (if she will ride it) until very close to the time - maybe even in the queue.

Different strokes etc
I won't push her to ride anything she doesn't want too but she'll have to wait whilst everyone else does - not on her own obviously!
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List