Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Apr 18, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This sit great to see so many people just doing small thinks that creates memories for others. My daughter next time we plan to go will be nearly 2 and I love the idea of her doing the act off kindness.

I have certainly made some notes and hopefully it has inspired others to do something in the future.

Keep the stories coming!
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw I love reading things like this. We too have done the fast pass/dining credit give away. It’s lovely to spread a bit of kindness!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bath1960
Excited about Disney

Last time we managed quite a bit - some food vouchers for Food and Wine that we could not use as hubby was sick - just looked for a family that looked like they would appreciate them and also a paper fastpass for Frozen that we could not use when the ride had broken down. The best was giving a young boy $10 when he Grandfather had found my camera that hubby had left lying on a seat. He had seen the camera on the seat and thought that we might be back for it and stood waiting around in case we came back. He would not take anything so I convinced him to let me give his grandson $10 instead. I told the boy that honesty can pay and hope he enjoyed spending it. He was over the moon to have a couple of dollars to spend on what he wanted.
Bath1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

Anyone else cutting onions reading this thread?!

Lovely stories.

Quite often when were in Disney paris we have given our snack credits away and also once gave a family a Calpol sachet for their poorly child. Small things but with 3 kids myself it just helped a little until they could get her to a pharmacy.

I love doing things for other people and am definitely going to take some gifts for special cast members!
Old 9 Apr 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
beckysmum
Excited about Disney

Universal were really generous throwing out the bead necklaces during the Mardi Gras parade, and I had dozens. It was such fun as we were leaving, we watched out for the little girls (and boys if they looked interested!)just entering the park and gave them all out! The smiles and thank you meant more to me than the plastic beads!😊😊
beckysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

We've always donated left over items by leaving them in the resort laundry room.

We've also started leaving the popcorn bucket at the end of our stay so someone can get cheap refills.
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Really lovely thread. Not my family but saw a guy buy a meal for a family of 4 last year in Cosmic Rays because ‘I’ve never seen kids so happy and well behaved’.

In DLP we were given some ‘snack vouchers’ as a British family were leaving. we got some ice creams and toasted their health!

Oh in Port Aventura we received free tickets from a group of Germans ahead of us in the queue. Which meant we passed on our BOGOF voucher to a Spanish couple behind us. Started the day off in the right manner
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely stories

We had 2 TS credits at the end of our trip. We were sharing a table with a man and his son at Teppan Edo, so ‘paid’ for their meal. A lovely note to end on.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We visited WDW last year for our silver wedding anniversary. It was the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot and we'd just ridden Soarin'. A lady approached us, indicated our buttons and said she could see we were celebrating so she'd like to treat us. She told us she was leaving the park and still had two F&W coupons left, which she handed over with an instruction to celebrate and enjoy. We used them on a lovely drink each from the booth in Japan.
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

1st time my DD went to Universal she got given a set of Shrek ears off an American family, no idea why but she was thrilled as she loved the Shrek films.

On the same holiday she got given a set of Harry Potter playing cards in the UK at Epcot by a CM -again no obvious reason but she was a really cute kid 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List