Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Apr 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Nearly all of them to be honest. Especially on the first visit - it's hard to put into words when you've never been before, and your experiences are all based on Chessington and Thorpe Park.

To pick a few, almost at random:

Splash Mountain - I'd never been on a log flume like it. Just soooo much better than I ever thought one could be.

Spiderman - Never done anything like that before.

Forbidden Journey - Still haven't done anything like that since!
I know what you mean... most of them are out of this world the first time. It's what keeps most of us coming back time and again.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
First time in 2000.

Back to the Future ride at Universal blew me away. While I preferred WDW (and still do), that was definitely the most memorable ride.

Alien Encounter was the most intense ride I have done, hoowever I don't think it really fitted with the rest of WDW ambience.

Last visit (2017) - has to be Flights of Passage. My OH who had never been to Disney before was like a big kid on it and his first words on finishing were "Let's do it again!" (Luckily we had another FP+ in a couple of days!)
Back to the Future... definitely. Alien Encounter was amazing too.

Such great memories.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lolalolo86 View Post
My first "WOW" ride was back in 2000 and we went on Spiderman. It was our first ride in IOA/US and we had never experienced anything like that before! I still love it now even though there are better rides out there now.

Another who feels the reveal of Atlantis is amazing. It totally blew my mind to be honest to the point where I actually cried a little. We spent a lot of time in that place and took everything in. It just amazed me that I was so close to an actual space shuttle and I have been a space nerd since I was a child as is my dad so it meant a lot to see it. Cannot wait to go back and even though I have experienced the "reveal" I can imagine me crying again Also seeing the Saturn 5 for the first time with my Dad in 2000 is a wow moment I will never forget. He bought a model of it there and still treasures it today.
Saturn 5 for me was off the chart. Trying to get my head around how those astronauts must have felt. Incomprehensible to us mere mortals.
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lifes2comp View Post
What comes to mind:

Tower of Terror - theming, story, experience and ride itself. Loved it and I think fairly uniquely, has stood the test of time for me and remained my favourite overall (and I am a bit of coaster junkie but the experience wears out for most)

Spiderman/Hulk/Duelling Dragons - like someone above, my first trip when I was a bit older was when I was 17 in 2000 and included IoA. At the time, was blown away by Spiderman ride experience, the Hulk coaster acceleration etc, and Duelling Dragons (my favourite coaster until they stopped dual running - again, unique experience). Think all of these have been surpassed somewhat now.

Sheikra (Busch) - awesome near vertical drop etc, first time front row was amazing.

Talking Mickey - brought something great, and the kids reactions to interaction with Mickey were brilliant. Sad this is to be no more.

Wishes - first time. The music, the fireworks (never saw a show like it till then), the park and everyone watching entranced. Always loved it, you get a bit used to the spectacle of Disney displays so still great, but not the same as the first.
Glad you (and I think someone else) mentioned Sheikra. Front row was incredible, and the back row gave quite an extra kick too
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
The Mummy was one I absolutely loved the first time... but that was partly because I used to be a bit of a scaredy cat and was basically dragged on with my Dad, Auntie & Uncle. So it almost felt like an "achievement" to ride it! lol

I agree with most on here though, Forbidden Journey truly did 'blow my mind'. It was the first time I have seriously forgotten I was actually on a ride, and felt like I was "in" the attraction. And when I got off the ride I just couldn't stop talking about it!
Yeah, The Mummy. We loop that many times every time we visit

The first ride... I was so shocked at how varied it was, how interesting... terrific ride.

We forced someone on it who was a bit scared of coasters just so he could have the experience. He loved it too
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I think when we 1st went over 25 years ago just about everything was wow.
But I really remember back to the future, kong, and jaws at universal
Since then Philharmonic and Everest stands out at Disney
Spiderman and Harry Potter at universal
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tangled_ View Post
This might be a bit obscure but Ripsaw Falls at IOA is definitely one for me, never been on such a long water ride with so many different aspects to it and I just think it's amazing - and the fact you get wet at so many different times in the ride rather than just one major bit at the end like most other water rides. Absolutely love it and don't think there's anything really like it!
Fantastic ride, and yeah so long and varied.

These days we struggle with the getting soaked aspect Old age
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pantaloons View Post
First time in Disney at age 30 with my fiancee in 2017.

Mind was blown in the following order

1. Flight of Passage
2. Soarin
3. KSC - When the shuttle is revealed for the first time
4. Seeing Volcano Bay for the first time
5. Riding KoOkiri Body Plunge
6. Rock n Rollercoaster - I had no idea what to expect and it was brilliant
7. Falcons Fury
Great list. Glad someone mentioned Falcons...

Did you try OhNo at VB? Also the massive trap door plunge... the tallest?

Loved both of those immensely.
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Soarin was just stunning!

Loved TOT so much did it 3 times in a row.

Pixar Short Film Festival at Epcot rarely gets a mention here but if you're an animation lover the 4d film is stunning!
Soarin' and ToT... who can deny how amazing they are?

I'd forgotten about that Pixar film, saw it for the first time last year. Really really special.
Old 20 Apr 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
I think when we 1st went over 25 years ago just about everything was wow.
But I really remember back to the future, kong, and jaws at universal
Since then Philharmonic and Everest stands out at Disney
Spiderman and Harry Potter at universal
Rob
All great attractions.

I think Jaws will come back at some point. Possibly VR, possibly 3D. It has so much potential to scare, and is so connected to the memories of Universal past.