Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Apr 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

Backpack all the way - never seen it as an issue and its essential for the hats, suncream, powerpacks, snacks and ponchos.

Easiest when you rotate between partners on a daily basis
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm going on a solo trip and will be using a little backpack when I go to the parks. I'm taking cash and a credit card to the parks in case the Magic Band system has a problem and I can't charge to the room - I'm well known for having things happen to me! Plus I'm taking a normal digital camera - I don't want to use my phone for photos. Plus various other bits. None of the clothes I'm taking have pockets and I wouldn't like to be loaded down with stuff in my pockets even if they did have. For the sake of a few minutes queuing I prefer to take a little backpack.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have to say I don't get the "bagless" hype. We've just never found the bag check that long or inconvenient. Being without a poncho when it rains or a cardi in the chilly air con... way more inconvenient, in our experience!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
I have to say I don't get the "bagless" hype. We've just never found the bag check that long or inconvenient. Being without a poncho when it rains or a cardi in the chilly air con... way more inconvenient, in our experience!
For us skipping the queue is handy but it’s more about not having to carry something around all day. I know you could get a locker but then it’s a bit pointless bringing a bag as we wouldn’t have our things on us or would have to go back to it.
DH has the small bag from decathlon that he takes if needed and it’s comfy/light but still prefers not to take it when possible.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
For us skipping the queue is handy but it’s more about not having to carry something around all day. I know you could get a locker but then it’s a bit pointless bringing a bag as we wouldn’t have our things on us or would have to go back to it.
DH has the small bag from decathlon that he takes if needed and it’s comfy/light but still prefers not to take it when possible.
Mine's a small cross body and DH wears a bum bag (I know). Both of us have our hands free and never really notice it being an issue - for us it would be more of a pain having to hold hats/sunglasses in hand on rides (I wear dresses, no pockets!). But everyone is different!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

We have nearly always had a buggy, this year will be no different, 1yo first trip! so that gets checked anyway, slipping a bag on the handles, and getting that checked is no really bother. Just remember, take 1 or 2 bags, and only one person has to queue, there is nearly always one side of a table without a queue. and it doesn't matter if you dart into a faster queue. you aren't waiting for slower members of the family with scruples to catch up to you
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

We never take bags.

I wear cargo shorts with deep pockets. I carry mobile phone, wallet (with driving licence for id) and if a poncho is needed I use the really cheap ones that are so thin they easily fit in my pocket.

What is a pain is stuffing my hat and shades into my pockets on some intense rides.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
We never take a bag. Phones are in our pockets and Magicbands do for everything else. No cards, no cash, no big cameras, nothing.

If it rains then we get wet.
A man after my own heart! This is how we roll
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I was just thinking about my children - the last time I carried a bag was when they had a stroller (so a few years ago now as they are 10 and 14). But even then I just took a see through zip up type bag with nappies, sun cream and a drink I think, and left it in the stroller. 😊Not sure I’ve ever taken much more than that! 😊

But then after the first twelve months with my first child, realising that I carried around an awful lot of ‘stuff’ that I never used (think spare outfits incase of accidents, which by the time I’d ever need them, they had outgrown the ‘emergency’brand new ones!), that I became the ‘I have a credit card and I’m not in Siberia’ type of parent - that if I need it I’ll buy it rather than carry it around all day! That way I found that things we thought we needed, weren’t quite so vital anymore!

But then I’ve always been a casual type (I like to say laid back!;-) )
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

If it doesn’t fit in a pocket, we don’t need it. We apply once a day suncream before we go, take one phone as a camera, OH carries his wallet and I take lip balm and tissues. We wear baseball hats which get attached to belt loops on shorts if they’re taken off and OH puts sunglasses in cargo short pockets when on rides. Nothing else is needed!