Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 May 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

:) NOT so Mind Blowing Attractions

Following on from the Mind Blowing Attractions thread... if you had the power to replace one of the attractions in each park, what attractions would you pull?

My list would be:
  • Busch Gardens: Kumba (needs a Mako coaster to replace it)
  • Animal Kingdom: Rivers of Light (super big let down for us)
  • Epcot: Test Track (put back the old one )
  • Universal Studios: Animal Actors on Location (saw it once and complained about the mistreatment of the animals )
  • Islands of Adventure: The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show
  • Hollywood Studios: Muppet Vision 3D (we love it, but it's getting old. Maybe a brand new Muppet show?!?)
  • Magic Kingdom (Stitch's Great Escape! - I think it's going anyway, so maybe Tom Sawyer Island for something amazing in that huge space)
  • Sea World: Wild Artic - just update the simulator maybe
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Mistreatment of animals ?
In what way?
I highly doubt they’re mistreated

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
Mistreatment of animals ?
In what way? They’re all rescue animals and well looked after .
It was a long time ago, so I don't remember the details. We were in a party of seven and all of us were upset by what we saw. Also several people around us commented they were not happy.

The only thing that I recall today was an orangutan being pulled sharply several times to obey instructions.

The other experience I had was seeing someone smacking and pulling a sea-lion at Sea World. I walked into the sea-lion show arena by accident, when it was closed. I wish I hadn't.

Being rescue animals does not mean they are well looked after, and besides we would need to be there 24/7 to know for sure.

EDIT: One thing I should add is that when I did complain they didn't seem to care at all. Now imagine if this was simply a case of one trainer behaving badly they should at least act as if they would investigate the possibility!

Edited at 11:46 AM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Shhhhh about Tom Sawyer Island! It is so gorgeous and the perfect escape for when the rest of MK gets too much. I could do without the guns in the fort though, but the rest I love.

You're onto something with MuppetVision - also a Muppet fan but it's started to look unloved when the screen shows have progressed (and screen shows don't really have the retro factor of keeping something that's an opening day attraction). I am always amazed by the Laugh Floor and would love to see a Muppet show that has that sort of 'how did they do that?!' experience where it's always a little different.

For Epcot, I wish Soarin' wasn't the same in Florida and California! It used to be two different shows but currently it's the same one. Love the ride but would be awesome to vary what you flew over, a bit like how you don't always get the same mission in Star Tours.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Seven Dwarfs mine train ride... What a massive let down that was, the queuing was the best part. Same goes for Thunder mountain (they seem exactly the same to me).
Old 1 May 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
It was a long time ago, so I don't remember the details. We were in a party of seven and all of us were upset by what we saw. Also several people around us commented they were not happy.

The only thing that I recall today was an orangutan being pulled sharply several times to obey instructions.

The other experience I had was seeing someone smacking and pulling a sea-lion at Sea World. I walked into the sea-lion show arena by accident, when it was closed. I wish I hadn't.

Being rescue animals does not mean they are well looked after, and besides we would need to be there 24/7 to know for sure.

EDIT: One thing I should add is that when I did complain they didn't seem to care at all. Now imagine if this was simply a case of one trainer behaving badly they should at least act as if they would investigate the possibility!
I changed my post as I’m actually not sure they are rescues as I may have been confused by the one at sea world.
However I’m pretty sure the show has changed massively and I don’t remember any primates or monkeys .
I didnt see anything like that.
Hopefully what you saw was a one off and it hasn’t happened since
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
Seven Dwarfs mine train ride... What a massive let down that was, the queuing was the best part. Same goes for Thunder mountain (they seem exactly the same to me).
I enjoy both rides but I do find it strange that Disney made 7DMT the centrepiece of New Fantasyland. It doesn’t seem very imaginative!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Use to love Muppet Vision but it is now very dated. Definitely the NOT so mind blowing attraction for me has to be Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Why Kumba? Despite its age I thought it still held up really well. SDMT is only going to be disappointing due to the vastly disproportionate queue time. I'm struggling to think of anything that disappointed me from an actual attraction perspective on our last break - the only disappointments were things we couldn't do due to the family wanting to leave, or excessive queue times. I suppose the shows at SeaWorld were a little awkward - One Ocean is looking rather tired and I don't think SeaLion high is as good as I remember the previous Pirate Island show being. Blue Horizons was also a shadow of its former self but we did see it mere weeks before its Dolphin Days rebrand.

the main trouble with MILF (heh) is it's relatively lacking in revisit appeal. First time it was one of the best things I'd ever seen, subsequent visits it was hard to get too enthusiastic about it. The appeal of things like that is visiting with people who haven't done it before.
Old 1 May 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyismybff View Post
Shhhhh about Tom Sawyer Island!
I know what you mean. I nice little hideaway

You're onto something with MuppetVision...
Muppets like Laugh Floor... OMG... brilliant idea!

For Epcot, I wish Soarin' wasn't the same in Florida and California! It used to be two different shows but currently it's the same one. Love the ride but would be awesome to vary what you flew over, a bit like how you don't always get the same mission in Star Tours.
Another great idea with the ST comparison. I was a bit unsure about the new Soarin'. It looks nice, but I think the old one was probably better?!?

Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
I agree, but others will hate us for saying it

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
I changed my post as I’m actually not sure they are rescues as I may have been confused by the one at sea world.
However I’m pretty sure the show has changed massively and I don’t remember any primates or monkeys .
I didnt see anything like that.
Hopefully what you saw was a one off and it hasn’t happened since
I love the show at Sea World (Pets Ahoy).

I hope you're right about it being a one off. I'm way too sensitive when it comes to the whole Animal thing, but then again people would shout at me who were real animal activists for putting money in the pockets of the theme parks

Sea World do rescue and protect for sure, but the exhibits and shows... it's sad and unnecessary I feel. Especially the killer whales